Friday, August 26, 2016

STATE TRACK

One of the greatest memories I had my senior year was the state track meet! The night before the meet, a pasta/BBQ party was held for those racing. I received an email inviting me to attend the party because of my dedication and because of how close I was to racing. I never would've imagined that I would be invited! As a team, we all ate and stocked up on carbs in addition to playing games like volleyball and football. Finally, the next 2 days were the state track meet! The meet was at the BYU track and field. I went down to support my team on both of the days and I had the time of my life! I was able to cheer like crazy with Amber, Emily, and BriAnna. It was a cold 2 days so we all huddled to get warm. We had some incredible races and battles to the finish! Our girls ended up taking 2nd place and our boys WON STATE! My best friend Logan ended up being the state champ for the 800m along with his other races. He and his relay team for the 4x400m had a crazy race and still managed to fight to the end even when they had a mishap with the boton. I loved spending my weekend cheering for this team and I will never forget the tears, the support, the rain, the cold, and the joy I experienced at this meet! At the end of the meet, our team was the last to leave as we captured pictures and had our final cheer together as a team! I was hit that this was my last time I would experience such a team like this when all of the girls gathered together in a circle to have one last prayer together. After the meet, we all went to the Brick Oven together and celebrated our victories. I will never forget this team and I am so thankful to have been able to be apart of this team. I LOVE MY DAVIS TRACK TEAM! 

Girls taking 2nd place!!
The Seniors <3

My cheer teammates




Talley and me


MY TEAM

Our final prayer



No comments:

Post a Comment