The Promposal and Response

This year I got to experience my dream prom with my best friend Logan Mackay. I still remember back in the beginning of the school year I was like, "It would would be awesome if I could go to prom with Logan but that's never going to happen". Guess I was wrong! So one day, I was riding home with Taylor back from a track meet and Taylor took me to her house for dinner. She then told me that she needed to take me home. I knew something was going on so I went along with it but I had NO IDEA what I had in store! So I arrived at my house and saw Zack standing in the doorway so I thought that was weird so I ended up knocking on the door. Amber Berry opened up the door and led me into the piano room where I saw Logan sitting at the piano. He said, "Hi Natalie" and then started playing a song and singing lyrics that he WROTE! It was a song filled with memories we've had together and gradually people from the track team would come in with different instruments. There was a ukulele, a xylophone, a wooden block, a harmonica, a triangle, and a TRUMPET! Then like 20 kids came in singing, "Oh now c'mon Natalie, will you go to prom?" It was AMAZING! I absolutely LOVED IT! I loved looking over at Logan and seeing the biggest smile on his face. I have never experienced anything like this! It was amazing and I knew I had a wonderful evening awaiting me! I also stood there not knowing what to do haha but no worries, I said yes :)


 |
| After Logan asked me to prom, I went down into my room to find the lyrics to the song and half a photo of us, half a card, and half a bottle of Weiman's Leather Cleaner. I LOVED it! |

So because I cared so much for Logan, I knew I wanted to put together an elaborate response to prom! I put together a dance to the song, "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon and got a bunch of the track girls to run to a park with me during one of our distance runs where I taught them the dance. Then I talked to the track boys and asked them for help. Finally, I asked Talley to see if I could present this response at the end of the next track meet. He told me I didn't have to wait until the end, we could have a HALF TIME SHOW! So while Logan was CLUELESS in the middle of a track meet, Talley called over Logan and his friend Colton to the 50m yard line where Talley then announced, "We will now have a short intermission by Zack and the Trackettes. So I started out calling out, "My R-E-S-P-O-N-S-E T-O P-R-O-M is...." then had the song start playing. I started out doing the dance by myself, then had 8 girls join me during the first chorus, and then had the rest of the girls join me and we performed a flash mob with this synchronized dance! Then during the instrumental break I called out, "C'mon boys!" They then picked Logan up and carried him over to him where I sang to him, had everyone mosh, and then fall to the ground with just Logan and I standing up with my sign saying, "#heckyeah". It was SO MUCH FUN and I hope he loved it!
Moonlight Serenade
So for our day activity, Logan the night before prom took me first to Dicky's BBQ pit after our races at the track meet and then to get ready to go to Moonliight Serenade. Moonlight Serenade is a Romantic Jazz Event put on by the jazz band, the Moonlight Singers, and Dance Company. Jazz music plays while dinner is served and then the Dance Company performs some swing numbers. After the performances, there is a dance floor where you can bring out your date to dance. I got to go dance with Logan at Moonlight Serenade. We had the best time swing dancing, making up dance moves, and posing in front of the cardboard cutout shadows. It was just a warm up for prom :)
Prom Night!
On April 30th I experienced the most magical evening! First, Logan came to pick me up from my house. We got pictures done around the yard and then we were off to get our pictures done at Dallin Larsen's mom's studio. We met up with our prom group for the "Arcadia Prom" or "Runner's Prom". We then went to Logan's brother-in-law Mike's parent's house where we had such an elegant dinner. It was absolutely delicious and his family served us . After such a delicious dinner, we were then led to the mystery location of our prom. We pulled into the parking lot of the University of Utah Football Stadium, stepped up, and looked at the lights and music blasting from the top floor of the stadium. Logan turned to me and said, "That's our party". I had NO IDEA! We went into the elevator that took us to the top floor of the stadium. Our dance floor was vaulted and surrounded by windows. One side with the view of Salt Lake City and the other with the view of the stadium. It was INCREDIBLE! There was a DJ and we had so much fun! I knew all of the people at the prom so it was SO FUN! During the slow songs, Logan and I went all out where I ran into his arms where he picked me up and spun me around! It was magical! At the end, the DJ played, "Forever Young" so we all put our arms around each other (most of us seniors) and sang to each other. It was so wonderful to spend my final prom with the people that I love and my perfect prom date! I had the time of my life and I will never forget my SENIOR PROM! After the dance, we went over to Cade's house where we watched my favorite movie Up!



 |
| My corsage! |
 |
| My handsome date :) |
 |
| I was pumped! It took me 2 seconds to put on Log's boutonniere thanks to the magnet. |
 |
| Logan, Meghan, Will and I at dinner before the dance. |
 |
| Logan and I in front of Salt Lake City! |
 |
Amber and I!
|
 |
| My mom caught a pic of us dancing :) |
 |
| "That is our party" |
 |
| The whole running crew! |
Prom Pics
 |
| My girls Sydney, Amber, Sam, Autumn, and Mallory |
The End :)
No comments:
Post a Comment