Friday, August 26, 2016

Goodbyes to my Best Friend


This is Logan, my best friend, and he has been called to serve a mission to the South Carolina, Columbia Mission. July 6th was the saddest day as I had to say goodbye to my best friend and our uplifting daily texts and support for each other. Before he left, I was able to help him pack and get everything prepared for his mission. After he got endowed, I got to go to do baptisms with him and some other friends as he baptized us! I got to go on some fun adventures with him before his mission as we had an Up themed date and had a picnic and watched the clouds. I gave him a gift, "My Adventure Book" and thanked him for all of the adventures. We even went to Salt Lake City to go swing dancing to David Osmond and I got to spend time with him at his farewell. On the day he got set apart, I helped him to finish up packing and had to say goodbye. I will never forget our goodbye as we embraced and could not break eye contact as he entered into his house. I ran to my mom and went to get gelato with her. I now cannot wait to hear all the adventures of Elder Mackay and soon share mine with him as Motra Olsen!

Templed trip with the greatest people!

Up picnic at Ponds Park



Swing dancing together at Salt Lake City


Logan and me at his farewell

Saying goodbye to Logan with our mission calls. He has been the greatest support to me preparing for my mission and I am forever thankful for his influence and example in my life.

My momma and I having gelato at Station Park after saying goodbye

I had the greatest miracle as the day Logan went into the MTC, I was so sad. I lost my best friend and I sat alone eating my lunch at the Cougareat at BYU. As I was needing any form of comfort going through this difficult time, I ran into Chelsa Mackay who gave me the biggest hug!! I then got to see the rest of Logan's family and we all got ice cream together! It was a blessing because right when I needed family and comfort, the Mackays were my angels coming to my rescue that day. Heavenly Father loves us and answers our prayers as this was a miracle! The Mackays just told me the peace they felt sending Logan off and that gave me peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment