
The Davis Track Team has changed my life! I have never had the time of my life until I ran with this team! I am so grateful to have started racing with this team in cross country and I crossed the finish line for the last time with this team this track season. I experienced rainy meets, crazy cheers, tears, and joy with this team! I raced the 1600m and the 800m. My favorite part about the 1600m was the final lap. As I started, I paced myself, started picking up and passing people on the 2nd lap, pushed through strong on the 3rd lap to then get to my favorite lap. Who wouldn't like this lap the best? I have my endurance built up to blast the last lap to the point where I collapse at the finish line. The mile is excruciatingly painful but I wouldn't like it any other way. It took me hard work and dedication to get a 5:35 mile by the end of the season. Once I learned how to not only push myself physically, but MENTALLY I could do it! I would tell myself, "Shut up mind, go body" and eventually got my other teammates to do the same. I usually ended up starting towards the back and then making my way strong up to the front. I LOVE THE MILE! I fell in love with the 800m by the end of the season because my final lap came a lot faster than in the mile. In this race you're pretty much sprinting (for a distance runner) for 2 laps. I was so blessed to have an incredible Coach Talley and Coach Timothy to push me and motivate me! I have felt the most accomplished in track and I almost was brought to tears when one practice during a workout, Talley told me "Natalie you're now in the first group". I ended the season at Regions taking 6TH PLACE in the 800m. I have made the greatest friends in track as we raced through rain, cold, HAIL, and snow. At team that fights and experiences pain together, stays together. I will never forget my Davis Track as they changed my life. They uplifted me, comforted me, motivated me, and changed me. I now can work much harder and push through any difficult trials. ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL. ALL FOR DAVIS HIGH!



 |
| In this race I was ranked FIRST!! At the starting line, I was so determined and ready to face pain. |
 |
| Running in the rain with Anne, Ashley, and Taylor |
 |
| MY TRACK GIRLS!!! |
 |
| Leading the pack. |
 |
| I was the final leg on my 4x800 and we took 1st! |
 |
| My Amber and Rachel |
 |
| My cheer buddy Amber and I always twinning. |
 |
| Senior Girls!! |
 |
| The Seniors! |
 |
| Warmups. |
 |
| Senior Girls took 2nd! |
 |
| My favorite runner ;) He managed to break the Utah state record for the 800m with a time of 1:49!! |
 |
| GIRLS WON FIRST IN REGIONS! |
 |
| Matt.....hahaha |
 |
| I took 6th at Region! |
One of my favorite memories of track is always being Logan's cheerleader! I tried to be there for all of his races and be there for him after his races.
No comments:
Post a Comment