I was expecting someone to ask me to the Sweethearts dance but I was SO EXCITED when I got asked by Lance Thornton! He is in Madrigals with me and he's such a talented actor! He played Marius in my school's production of Les Miserables! So he asked me to be his lifesaver so of course I had to say yes! The letters of his name was circled on the back of the package! I responded at our Lover's Feast rehearsal with a scroll saying, "To Sir Lancelot. Hear ye Hear ye! From the House of Olsen, in response to the Sweethearts proposal, Natalie declares, 'YEA'". The theme of the sweethearts dance was "Superman's got nothing on me!" so everyone dressed up like super heroes! Lance and I were Spiderman! For our day activity we went to Boondocks, went bowling, and played arcade games. I was coming back from Simplot on the day of the dance so I got ready quickly and then Lance and I had burgers for dinner! Finally we went to the dance and had SO MUCH FUN! I got to show off my dance moves on the dance floor and take Lance into the mosh pit for the first time! Grace and I worked together to get a second wind after Simplot and we went crazy! I had a ton of fun and I have to thank Lance for such a fun night!


 |
| Lance and I showing off our spiderman skills! As you can tell, the dance was a PARTY! |
 |
| Greta and I showing off our splits! |
The next dance is SADIES and I had to ask one of my best friends so I asked Spencer Hall! I kinda previously dibbed him and told him to consider himself asked but I didn't want to ask him at the time. Because he knew I was going to ask him, I decided to have a little interactive fun in my proposal! So my whole asking theme was "jokes" so I left a poster on Spencer's doorstep saying, "No Joke, I'd be Stoked to go to the dance with you! Knock knock, come outside to find out who" I then had a trail of laffy taffies around to his garage and to his surprise, as he approached the garage, Taylor and I leaped out wearing all black and ski masks and attacked him with silly string! It was the best! He said, "That was really good!" so as a response, he knocked on my door 3 times. The first 2 times were the bananas with a "Y" and an "E" and then on the last knock, there was a poster that said, "Orange you glad I said yes?" I loved it because it totally went along with my knock knock joke theme!! I am so excited to go to Sadies with Spencer!!
 |
| Taylor and I prepping to attack! |
 |
| Spencer and me |


So in my group I had Taylor and Caden, Alyse and Stan, and Ashley and Matt. For our day activity not all the guys could make the date so some of the girls in my group asked other dates in order to join us! So we went to Boondocks and went mini golfing. However, it wasn't your typical mini golfing....we used our noses and crawled across one of the courses into the hole, we blew the golf balls across a course, we got on our date's backs and tried to swing the ball, we just had a ton of fun messing around! Then afterward to top off our mini golfing, we went to Smith's and only had $10 per couple to find the ingredients for each of the courses of our meal. Spencer and I had one of the side dishes and we got the supplies to make a fruit parfait with granola! The meal ended up being completely random with ramen noodles and fettuccine with bacon, a fruit parfait, pizza croissants, chocolate milk, and potato chip brownies! It was so fun to have such a random meal but it all tasted SO GOOD!
After having such an amazing day activity, we had to go all out for the dance! The theme of the dance was "Sadie's in Paradise" so us girls had a progressive dinner where we traveled around to multiple "islands" like mexico where we had chips and dip, Japan with sushi, and hawaiian haystacks at Hawaii. Then we finally went to the dance and had SO MUCH FUN! I have to say I was cruisin' for a bruising....literally. That dance was CRAZY with the mosh pit and I ended up going home bleeding but it was worth it! I had a blast with Spencer! He wore a camelbak so I just clung to his bag as we weaved and danced through the mass of people! What a great last hurrah for Sadie's!!
 |
| Spencer and I at the mini golf course. |
 |
| Our random meal!! |
 |
| The dance crew! |
No comments:
Post a Comment