Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Simplot!!

I had the TIME OF MY LIFE at Simplot in Pocatello Idaho! Once indoor track started, I ran my hardest so that I would be able to qualify and be invited to the Simplot Games!! For my first race, I ran the mile in 6:22! Then at the BYU meet, I ran the mile in 6:12 with a 10 second PR! Finally, at the Olympic Oval indoor meet, I had the strongest desire to break 6 minutes and I ended up PRing by 20 seconds and rant the mile in 5:52!! It was such an incredible experience and I truly felt how much the pain and close to passing out payed off! I was invited to the Simplot Games and I did not ever imagine how much FUN it had in store! As a team of 113 athletes, we drove down to Pocatello to the Idaho State indoor track and field. The track was a wooden track with the course at a diagonal around the corners. When I ran on it, I felt like I was on a roller coaster! The track was surrounded by stadiums and cameras followed all of the racers on the course and were displayed on the large billboard! That night, I raced my mile at 10pm and I was so thankful to have my friends like Logan to stay and cheer for me! I was super tired that night but I ran the mile still pretty strong with a time of 5:59! Still sub 6 WOOO! Then next day I ran the 4x400 with my fellow distance runners! We had a lot of fun being the Davis Distance Sprinters! After that race, I dedicated the rest of the meet to be a cheer captain with Amber Berrey! We were the ultimate cheerers with our amplituders! The whole meet was filled with screaming, peanutbutter sandwiches, dance parties, blimps dropping off free items, Olympic Athletes, and an Idaho photo booth with props and a green screen! I loved cheering for my friends and becoming closer to my track family! That night as a team we divided and conquered all of the restaurants around the area! I went to Big Wingers and my friend McGaiver's table was told that they could get 25% off their check if they sang to the entire restaurant. So Gaiver got up and sang, "Just the Way You Are" to the entire restaurant! He came over to me, pulled me out of my seat, and started twirling me and dipping me in front of everyone! It was so much fun! I had dinner Cade, Dallin, Nate, Haylee, and Amber and we sampled Big Wingers' HOTTEST sauce and we DIED! Our mouths were on fire for like 10 minutes! After eating out, back at the hotel most of the team went to the pool and we had a splash party and chicken fights. A bunch of the guys dragged Coach Talley into the water and as he was being dragged, he was whipping off his shoes and throwing out his phone and his wallet because he knew he was doomed! That night was SO MUCH FUN with the team and the final day Saturday had the GREATEST energy it was SO FUN! So on the final day, I had breakfast with Logan and Amber and that morning I found out that I got ACCEPTED INTO BYU so I got to celebrate that accomplishment with my team! Amber and I then were the ULTIMATE cheerers at the meet and we ran to the long jump pen, the high jump pen, the 100m part of the track, and along the sidelines of the track to cheer on all of our team in the Finals! There was even a Simplot parade and our Davis team FILLED the Utah portion of the parade. Someone brought a mini basketball hoop so we crowd surfed one of our teammates and had him dunk the ball into the hoop! We then marched around the track and cheered! The entire meet was SO MUCH FUN I honestly have never felt like I've truly been apart of a TEAM until I was apart of the Davis Track Team! I got to cheer for all my friends and be Logan's biggest cheerleader! He ended up taking 2nd! Everyone did amazing I loved every minute spending time with my family!
My BYU meet

Olympic Oval race!

Davis Distance Sprinters after our 4x400


My girls Autumn, Sydnee, Sydney, and Hayley
Racing the mile

My Davis Track Family



My co-cheer captain Amber and I with our amplituders!



Hanging with my team at the pool!

Meeting with the team at the hotel!
Posing with the Australia runners

No comments:

Post a Comment