I'm in absolute awe at how many adventures I have experienced here in Kaysville. People weren't kidding when they stated that once you're in Kaysville, you never want to leave! So here are some of my adventures I've experienced! One night for mutual
we had this activity called "Chopped" where you split up into teams
and go to different houses. At the houses you're given a few ingredients and
you have to make something with those ingredients along with a bonus ingredient.
My team made what we called a "Meat Garden" where we had rice, meat,
tomatoes, peppers, beans, and apples all mixed into little cupcake holders with
little flowers sticking out of the pile of food. Once everyone made their food,
we all got together and sampled everything. It was so much fun to try all the
different meals and desserts! I love my ward so much!
On Zack's
birthday so we went out to dinner at a place called wingers and celebrated Zack's BIG 16th birthday!
I had a date
with my friend Matt and we picked apples at our house, then over to my friend
Taylor's house to make apple crisp and watch the second session of conference
together because you could totally do that in Utah!! Sweet right?! I absolutely
love conference! One of my favorite talks was Saturday morning session from
Elder Maynes talkin about praying about what we need to change in order to
progress. This conference I noticed a lot of talks talking about how we are all
imperfect. The difference between a sinner and a saint is a saint is a sinner
always striving to become better and more perfect. This talk inspired me to
pray about what I personally need to change to progress. I love this gospel!
And I'm looking forward to hearing from 3 new apostles!

The homeless days are OVER!
We are officially moved into our house!! I'm still sleeping on air mattresses
and sitting on lawn chairs but making our way to getting everything unpacked.
Every time I'm in this house I feel like I'm in a dream!
 |
| Celebrating in our new home! |
For mutual one night we did Paint Twister where paint was all over the mat and there was a lot of slipping and falling in the process. I LOVE my YW!
My friends and I do Temple Tuesday every Tuesday where we go to the temple before school (our early start days)! I love just going to the temple and then going to school! Actually one weekend and we went to the Bountiful temple to do
baptisms and while I was sitting in the font room on the bench waiting to get
baptized I look up and watched DAVID ARCHULETA do baptisms with his sister! He
was saying "Sister Archuleta....." And we were FREAKING OUT! Who
needs to go to a concert when you're like 2 ft away from him! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

I went on another blind date with Rachel with
her friend Porter and Zack went with Rachel. Porters a beast at piano and he's
so nice! We went to a cute little place called Gardener Village and we did a
scavenger hunt to find all the different witches throughout the village. The
whole place was decorated with witches and Halloween themes. The loser had to pay for our cookie reward at the bakery. Porter and I were the WINNERS! It was awesome! Zack and Rachel got their faces painted in the process of their hunt haha but we were announced the champions!
Powder Puff Football Championships
I played Powder Puff football this year and my position was running back! I know finally get football and all of its plays! The Senior girls played against the Junior Girls. There
were guy cheerleaders dressed up in their mom's old uniforms in guys in short shorts with pom poms....it was an interesting sight haha It was so fun! Through a crazy 2 day season, THE SENIORS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIPS! I feel like that's worthy of a resume.
 |
| Running through the tunnel. |
 |
| Our cheerleaders.... |
 |
| The Olsen family carrying on the Football legacy... |
The Halloween Dance

Now for the HALLOWEEN DANCE WOOOO! I have to say my date was dangg cute! He's the top runner on my XC team so that was pretty cool! The night before the dance my group (about 20 people) had our day activity in Provo. On the way we stopped and had pizza pie cafe. My group was mostly made up of cross country runners and when we took the guys to the pizza pie cafe, they were in heaven! Best idea ever-one time pay and the guys can eat however much food they want! Once we arrived in Provo we went on a "Halloween Cruise". On this boat ride down the Provo River we saw carved pumpkins, heard the story of the Headless Horseman, and had a pirate raid our boat and give us candy. On Saturday my group dressed up like cowboys and cowgirls and we got pictures and had dinner at a cute western barn. For dinner we all made soup and I contributed my famous apple crisp! Afterwards, my date and I and another couple raced to the school on scooters for the dance! The dance was SO HOT the windows literally fogged but the dance was fun! I introduced Camren (my date) to the crazy mosh pit but then avoided it because I was afraid I'd be the cause of hurting such a crucial member to the XC team haha the dance was fun and after the dance we raced back to the barn and played games like Catch Phrase and Telestrations. Camren was so funny and an awesome cowboy!
 |
| The cute barn we had dinner and games at! |
 |
| This cute cowboy and me. |
 |
| The whole crew! Or herd....or cattle...or whatever you call us. |
 |
| Haylee and I are a little wrapped up. |
 |
| The group date at the Halloween Cruise. |
Halloween!
On Halloween I had a class temple trip and we went out to pizza pie cafe. My YW leader Sis Moran called it "Halloweening with the dead". My family went ALL OUT in decorating our pergola in our backyard. I dressed up as a princess to heal the scars caused by our creepy pergola. I think it worked, I was able to guide some kids through and give them candy. Some kids absolutely loved it! Afterwards I hung out with some friends and we went to this creepy house with dummies and roaming people in masks and I got chased by a clown from a van at the persons house. Honestly one of the most scariest moments of my life.
 |
| Carley and Rachel were Mario and Luigi-SO CUTE! |
 |
| I had a friend Jaysi accompany me while I passed out candy! |
The Governor's Gala
One Saturday I got a text from Logan asking me if I was available for the night. Of course I cleared any plans I had (which were basically none but that's besides the point). He told me he had 2 tickets to the Governor's Gala in Salt Lake City and he wanted to take me! He told me the tickets were given to just a few SBOs at my school from Morgan's Oil and Gas Company. He looked it up and the tickets were originally $500 per person! I got all dressed up and he picked me up from my house in his grandpa's super nice car. We went on a double date with the SB President Cade Hyde and his date Sam Sargent. We drove to Salt Lake City listening to classical music to set the stage haha when we arrived, we walked into the Palace Ballroom where the dinner was and we were like-woah, this smells expensive! We arrive at our assigned table and the appetizers, desserts, and thank you gifts for attending were already displayed! The whole evening was incredible! We had waiters serve us delicious foreign foods we couldn't pronounce while we enjoyed our sparkling cranberry juice. Due to the amount of food, I was no way going to finish but while the waitress was taking away my dish Logan says, "uh, I'm actually going to finish that" haha then Sam gave her plate to Cade too the food was too good to have it go away! The governor spoke to everyone and then we watched a show from these comedic jugglers! It was incredible! These jugglers juggled a bowling ball from off the bat, Then they proceeded to juggle a flaming plunger, a tazer, and a stick of mouse traps over a person's faced while another guy leaped over him and passed off the juggling. Then they juggled chain saws while doing ballet, threw knives blindfolded while the other guy was swinging on a pendulum in front of the board, and finally, they juggled PEOPLE! They juggled the governor, the governor's wife, and the Lieutenant Governor. They were attached to the ceiling and they were juggled wearing space suits while the jugglers through planets in between them. WOW! I have never seen anything like this! I was told that the governor's gala is known as the greatest party in Utah! Sam and I were like, "What did we do to get asked to such an event like this?" I had such a wonderful night with Logan getting to know him and acting like we're wealthy people with him! He's amazing!
l |
| Logan and I in front of the Palace. |
 |
| Sam and I enjoying our dinner! |
 |
| OUR DINNER!! |
 |
| The Ballroom! |
 |
| Our assigned table at the Gala. |
 |
| Logan and I at the Gala |
Hermana Olsen's Homecoming
I could not believe my eyes when I saw Brooke turn the corner and walk through the tunnel at the airport! Seeing her after a year and a half made me burst into tears! After she hugged my mom and dad, it was my turn so I leaped into her arms-it was more of like an attack haha I missed her so much I'm so excited to finally have a sister home to share all my stories with!
 |
| The family at the airport! |
 |
| The airport crew! |
The Amazing Race
This was probably one of the funnest dates I have ever experienced! So the girls: Taylor, Kate, Mary, Ashley, and I got together and made all the clues and put together this super fun date! I asked Logan and the other guys are the date were Johnny, Taylor, Jess, and Britton. We all met up at Barnes Park in Kaysville and then on the go, we booked it to our cars and raced to the first destination for our first road block. The first challenge was at my house and we tied our wrists and ankles together and hopped around to get the ingredients to make our pizza. Once we finished this challenge, we then went to Taylor's house where there were five containers of baby food we had to taste and guess the right order while blindfolded and while feeding each other! Once we guessed the right order (it honestly took forever!) we went onto the next challenge at Ashley's house where we passed along eggs on plastic spoons across the driveway. Then our next challenge was at Mary's house where we were given popsicle sticks, rubber bands, plastic spoons, and marshmallows to create a marshmallow slingshot and shoot it into the bowl. This challenge had a detour of running around the house 3 times so we basically threw all of our marshmallows and booked it around the house. Then our final challenge was at Kate's house where each couple was given a product and we had to create a 30 second commercial with a jingle and film it. Our's was Weiman's Leather Cleaner so we came in dressed as cowboys and went on and on about all the leather items we needed to clean. Then our jingle was, "When you need a man, choose Weiman!" Logan and I took last but that's okay the whole race was so much fun! The winning couple won a gift card to YogoTogo Frozen Yogurt Shop. Then after the race, we all had dinner-the pizzas we made in the first challenge. We then had apple crisp (of course) and played Honey I love you will you please smile. That game made our whole group SUPER close.....haha we also watched all the video montages we did on the date along with the commercials we created. That date was SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait for so many more adventures!
 |
| The starting line.... |
 |
| The whole group after the race. |
 |
| Logan and I! |
 |
| All the clues we made-we went ALL OUT! |
The first challenge.
 |
| I wasn't able to attend the Nike Cross Regionals with my team but I did make sure to cheer on my best friend Taylor! |
I got to go on a date with my dad and go to the last home BYU football game! We crushed the other team!! Honestly I cannot wait to attend my next BYU football game in the student section!! We were all wrapped up in blankets and coats-it was FREEZING! The whole game was cold but fun!
 |
| Zack and I at the stadium! |
 |
| Taylor and I coordinating :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment