Monday, July 13, 2015

Utah Adventures!

This summer has been filled with family reunions, hikes, rodeos, playgrounds, and adventures! I have loved being surrounded by so much family and making so many new friends! I have been able to go to 7 Peaks Water Park with Chloe Lunt, played water kickball with new friends at my grandma's ward, went to East Canyon and the Corral for reunions, and visited a lot of parks with my cousins. After EFY, Rachel invited me to join her date so I went on a blind date with her friend (aka home teacher) Hunter! It was so much fun! He came up to the door when he picked me up and dropped me off. He also payed for me! I haven't experienced a date like this in a long time! We went mini golfing, out to lunch at a burger place, and then went to a guy Chandler's house for ice cream and games. There were 3 couples on the date. They were Jordan and Rachel, Chandler and Emily, and then Hunter and I. It was honestly so much fun to meet new people and already develop great friendships! I have had such a fun-filled summer I cannot wait to start school and experience my senior year!
Rachel and I getting ready for the date ;)



Hunter and I at the golf course.
Zack and I took a visit to our future school and it is BEAUTIFUL!
On Cow Appreciation Day Zack, my aunt Heather and my cousins Sami and Griffin and I dressed up like cows in order to get a free meal at Chick-Fil-A. We adorned our trash bags with spots and decorated paper plates to create cow masks. It was so much fun! When we arrived at Chick-Fil-A, we saw a herd of cow people and spent some time with the Chick-Fil-A cows. It was the best!


My aunts, cousins, grandma, and I all went out to see a community theater play at the Herriman Theater. It was at an outdoor park and they played the Broadway version.  It was really fun to relive my days when I was in Beauty and the Beast as a Silly Girl. After the show, we all met the characters and got pictures with our favorites. I of course had to get one with Gaston! Zack had a little thing for Belle.... ;) Sami and my favorite character was the cheese grater.
Chilling with Lumiere.

 For one weekend all of my grandpa's siblings and their children got together for an Olsen family reunion at my grandpa's corral. We spent the weekend together having a Hyrum 5k, potlucks, games, and campfires. I love visiting my grandma and grandpa Olsen in Hyrum to spend time with them, visit the horses, and hang at the corral. I was able to meet my dad's cousins and have a great reunion with all of my cousins!
Porter, Ali, and I at the campfire


My cousins and I feeding the horses.



The whole crew at the reunion. 


When we went to the Olsen Family Reunion, Zack, Connie, Cathy, and I made a trip to Zumba. 
Finally Cami Macias and her family arrived from Texas and Ginger Cowgill and her family arrived from Idaho and spent a couple of weeks in Utah! We went to a lot of hikes and playgrounds. I loved swinging on the swing and hiking with all of my cousins.


Oscar, Ruby, Lottie, and I


Sami and I celebrated National Junk Food Day (July 21 our favorite holiday) again this year and this year we bought T-shirts and had our junk food at the Utah Rodeo! We had hot dogs, popcorn, and shakes while we watched a bunch of cowboys ride bulls, tackle cows, and race through obstacles. 


Out to get shakes and fries after the rodeo.


I joined Sami and her young women in a hike to Silver Lake up near Mount Timpanogos. I never knew about the stunning views and trails on Utah mountains. Who knew I would find a lake up in the mountains! Nature is absolutely beautiful!!

Sami and I on the mountain!
For the Stokes family reunion we all went to East Canyon and spent the weekend at the East Canyon Resort. We had a treasure hunt, played games, swam, went mini golfing, played water volleyball, went hiking, relaxed reading books, and spent the weekend together!
We spent a lot of time at the pool and played some intense games of pool volleyball.



Hiking with the cousins.

Judson and I went mini golfing.

A bunch of us went to this beautiful little community called Daybreak and walked through its beach and played at its playground. It's an adorable community with its own lake, shops, schools, and playgrounds. While you're in  Daybreak you can see the Oquirrh  Mountain Temple. My mom previously that day ran to Daybreak and along the lake it was beautiful!

Carley and I swinging at Daybreak.
We continued the tradition and celebrated Heather's birthday at the Old Spaghetti Factory!

Sami and I had a little fun at the playground, our younger cousins had to come and pull us away from the park.
I love my runs with my mom! I have been training like crazy for cross country! I can't wait to be apart of the team!

The beautiful views while running!

 Went out to the movies and to A&Ws for freezes and floats with grandpa! We saw the Cokeville Miracle and it was absolutely incredible!

Went out to eat with the Olsens after Carter went through the Logan temple for his mission to Argentina.

Rose Canyon 9 Ward Girls Camp

Rachel and Chloe Lunt invited me to their ward's girls camp and it was SO MUCH FUN! This was my final girls camp and I'm so blessed to have been able to go twice this summer! This camp was just a ward girls camp and I have never experienced a smaller group for camp before. I realized that I love how personal and close a ward campout is. You really get to become close to all the girls and no girls are excluded. Considering I didn't know anyone when I went into the camp, I came out with some incredible friends! First when everyone met up at the church, we drove to a cute little bakery and had lunch that was reserved for us. We heard some presentations about safety at camp, the theme of camp, and a service project for Millie's Project where we make crowns that are given to cancer patients at the princess ball. After lunch, we decorated the cars and headed up to our campsite! The theme of the week was Set SAIL (serve, act, inspire, love). We were on a cruise and each day had different ports. The meals for each day coordinated with each port. The first day we were in Hawaii so we had Hawaiian hay stacks and upside down pineapple cake. We also learned how to hula dance and fold towels. It was super cute! The next day we were in Italy and we had crepes, Italian subs, and noodles throughout the day. That day we went to a ropes course at the Olympic Arena and I didn't realize that I was like 30 feet off the ground until I was strapped into my harness and about to cross a beam without anything to hold onto. I was so scared but not as much as my leader Sister Winzeler. She was so funny, she had a guide named Joey and we all became buds. Joey even told me I looked cute in my helmet.....The next day we were in Mexico and we had breakfast burritos, fajitas, and nachos. We also wore our mustaches to the morning devotional. That day we had a value hike just like I did in NH and we ended with a COLOR FEST! Our final port was the US. The whole week was so much fun! We even had a moose stick by our campsite the entire camp. We named him Manny. We had a talent show and some girls and I made up a parody to the cup song about girls camp and talked about the ropes course, the moose, the mustaches, and so much more! It was so fun! I also sang a solo to the song "Bright". We had the priesthood put on some skits for us, a girl showed us her drawings, a couple people did some dance numbers to Bop to the Top and did a contemporary dance. The leaders put on a swim skit. Testimony meeting was also beautiful! I absolutely love hearing everyone's own testimonies and beliefs. Throughout the week we stayed in a big bunkhouse and did all of our crafts and service at the Bowery. We even had a playground! The leaders gave us cute little handouts each day reminding us about service while all the girls gave out secret sister gifts. We played a ton of games and honestly just had a great week together! I'm going to miss all the girls and I'm so blessed to have them in my life! My leaders Sister Winzeler and Sister Chazen reminded me of teenagers they were just full of energy and fun! Our cook, Sister Hall, was absolutely hilarious! I loved hanging out with all of the leaders including Hannah Lunt along with all the girls. I will never forget this wonderful week I had with the Rose Canyon 9 Ward!



Chloe, Carlee, Michelle, and I.

Kenna, Michelle, Carlee, Chloe, and I.

Rose Camyon 9 Ward!

 My leaders and I.

I have a thing for jumping pictures......

I have to thank Rachel for inviting me to such a fun week!

Manny and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment