Monday, July 13, 2015

EFY Provo 2015!!

I had the opportunity to go to EFY for the last time at BYU Provo! I roomed with my new best friend Rachel Lunt (my mom's college roommate Andrea's daughter). My company's name was "Return With Honor". I spent the week at BYU and oh my heck I'm in love with the school I honestly cannot wait to hopefully go there one day! It was absolutely beautiful! So Monday we arrived at EFY and got to know our company! We had 10 boys and 10 girls THANK GOODNESS! That meant that when we escorted, it was always 1:1 therefore there weren't any competitions between 2 or 3 girls trying to get a conversation in! I went to the BYU Creamery with Rachel, Chloe, and Zack. The food at BYU was also delicious! Tuesday we had the first dance and honestly my company became so close! I honestly had THE BEST counselors known as mama and papa Dino! Our company basically had a thing with velociraptors so we killed it on the dance floor! We also had a morning side with our incredible session directors Brother and Sister Jordan along with many other classes. On Wednesday we had game night and it was so intense! We won the cheer it was AWESOME! We replaced the words to the song "Radioactive" and my favorite part was "Escort up, sharing sweat, love these people that I just met. This is it, now watch us whip, whoa". That night was also pizza night so all the girls got together, had pizza, and put together little note cards for each guy in our company with notes from each girl on them. Turns out the guys did the same thing for us! Then on Thursday we had a game show and the theme was Harry Potter so we were all split up among Houses. My team Slytherin developed countless creative cheers involving Snape, snakes, and spells. Thursday was also church dress day and the entire day had classes, morning sides, and a touching testimony meeting. Thursdays have to be my favorite day if the week at EFY. Our session director gave such a profound message on the atonement on Thursday. He explained some of Christ's countless miracles in relation to the atonement and our lives today. For example, he told the story of Christ saving Peter in the ocean in the storm when he walked on water. What was so amazing was once they returned to the security of the ship, the storm ceased. Christ didn't cease the storm in order to save Hm but instead, walked with him through the storms of life. I thought that was incredible that Christ does not stop our trials, He helps us through our storms in life. I have testimony of this gospel and the atonement. EFY was fun because it was filled with the spirit and I never want that feeling to leave! Finally, Friday was amazing! On Friday we had the last dance and the variety show! One kid played the electric guitar and I felt like I was at a rock concert! There were talented dancers, singers, and water drinkers. At the dance, I danced the last dance with my friend Nathan and he told me I had the prettiest eyes. Honestly all of the guys in my company were so smooth and sweet I couldn't believe it! They kept on calling us beautiful and pretty and being such gentlemen escorting us and cleaning up our trays I loved it! On the last night all of the girls combined into one room to chat. I never actually had a cow considering there was only one guy older than me but we basically all discussed marrying our counselor Jared because he was SO FUNNY!  It was sad to say goodbye to my new family but I'm so happy I can keep in touch with them! This week was an incredible week! I cannot wait to make so many more friends in Utah!
BYU is BEAUTIFUL!
Chloe, Rachel, and I arriving on the first day!

All of the dances were outside it was so much fun!

My company and I went to the BYU club, also known as "The Wall". Here we did karaoke, played the piano, played ping pong, and there was also bowling! It was so much fun! 

Ben, Rachel, and I got some jamba juice!!

Rachel, Zack, Chloe, and I at the dance.

All of the girls in my company! Emily, Tina, Rach, Rachel, Kinley, Maddy, Maddie, Megan, and Sara.


Me and the guys on game night! 

My company dressed up on Thursday!


Pizza night! 


Our velociraptor family.

My company Return With Honor!
My FAVORITE counselor Bekah and I!
Me and the Y.
Rachel and I in front of the Y.
My incredible counselors Jared and Bekah

Mama and Papa Dino

My session directors Brother and Sister Jordan.
Nathan and I.

Josh, Fabio, Kyler, Ben, and me.

I went to a stake dance with Rachel and we ran into our friend Tyler from our company in EFY!


No comments:

Post a Comment