My senior year has finally begun and so far it is the most incredible eaxperience I have ever had! I honestly cannot express how much I love Davis High and how much I am honored to graduate from DHS and become a Davis Dart! I have been involved in the Davis Cross Country program (nationally ranked) and have made lifelong friends on this team! 2 weeks before school I had my first practice and got to meet my coach and my team! I was so scared but this one girl Ashley reached out to me and now we're getting to be great friends! I realized that cross country boys don't talk to girls haha so how was I going to get a homecoming date?! I had a 5k race with the Kaysville community. My whole cross country team did it! I got a PR with a time of 24:00 (so faster than 8:00/mile pace) this season is going to be great! I was so excited when I GOT MY CLASS SCHEDULE! On Day A I have AP Calc (I know I'm gonna die. Mom and my counselor talked me into it), seminary (not early morning wooo), CE computer tech, and ASL! Day B is AP Calc (yeah everyday), TBA, general financial literacy, and AP English. Wooo I'm so pumped! Now I have to get used to wearing brown and gold......haha such unfortunate colors but I like the gold!! With the cross country team I have been running SO MUCH! One week I ran 44 miles!! Crazy! I even had a senior run with all of the seniors on my team and we had a breakfast afterwards. Before school started I went to a pool party and to our first football game! I cheered in the student section and it was so much fun! All I need now is a ton of camouflage to fit in (oxymoron I know) haha for the football games (our school has adopted camo because it's kinda brown and gold) Also I absolutely love my new ward! They're super sweet and I have a feeling I will be the YW pianist.....
After one week into the school year and I had THE GREATEST WEEK OF MY ENTIRE LIFE! I feel like after this point my life will just continue to get better and better!! Literally walking around the school I've experienced hallways like freeways and traffic jams. I love having seminary during the day! You just get a break from work and school and go hear such profound words from some great seminary teachers! I've had AP Calculus and Calc lab where you do your homework IN CLASS! Literally genius! When you don't know what you're doing, you have your peers and your teacher for help!! I was going to take social dance and a Capella choir HOWEVER the greatest opportunity was given to me! I went in to audition for the a Capella choir (everyone's required to) and after Ms. May had me sing all of these complicated notes and asked me about my musical background and how I was a senior, she informed me that I had a strong voice. She said over the summer an ALTO (my exact part) in madrigals moved so she needed someone to fill her place. Therefore IM A MADRIGAL!! I cannot believe it! Its an honor to be in madrigals and only 32 kids out of 2600 kids are madrigals!! The Lord is blessing our lives in every way!! So I've been going to madrigals and it's the funnest experience of my life! These people can sing and we get to travel all over and perform! We had this huge back to school assembly and the madrigals sang in it. We sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with ukuleles and guitars. I also learned that the student government is a big deal! They wore letter mans jackets all week and handed out candy. They also put together the entire assembly and put on a skit after the dancers and cheer leaders performed. Lunch is open campus and it's 50 minutes long so we get to leave school, go to food trucks, or just hang out at this mansion of a school! I thought the brown and gold colors were unfortunate but after a week at this school, I love our school colors! They're unique and classy. I wouldn't want any other color! And after purchasing our spirit t-shirts I officially own my first brown shirt! ;)

In addition to my wonderful experiences at school, I got ASKED TO HOMECOMING! The boy's name is Peter Sheffield. He's a madrigal and he put on the doorstep a glob of butter with my name in it. Around the butter are compliments that form a flower. Then he dropped of a giant bowl of popcorn with a note saying, "now that I've buttered you up, I would like to pop the question and ask you if you will go to homecoming with me?" As a response I put together a little movie package and said, "movies without popcorn is like homecoming without Peter. I'm soda-lighted you asked me! Betwixt you and me we will make a great "pair" on the dance floor. Homecoming will be a blast with you!" And I gave him popcorn, soda, twix, and starburst. I dropped it off at his house.


I cannot express enough how much I LOVE DAVIS HIGH! I'm having the best time of my life! I've experienced the fun and the insanity of parking pass lines. Honestly thank goodness I'm a senior because then otherwise I don't know what I would do! People would have their moms wait in line or spend hours to get a pass because this year they offered limited passes. Now my parking pass is my prized possession. ;) every Tuesday is late start for school and apparently it is also know as "temple Tuesday"! I got invited with my friends Anne and Taylor to go do baptisms at the Bountiful Temple! It was the coolest thing I have ever done! When I went I was not expecting to see so many youth at the temple before school it was absolutely incredible! I am now looking forward to temple Tuesdays! I will be weekly uplifted as I serve in the house of The Lord! I even experienced my first Davis High Drama! So as I walked into seminary one of my ward leaders called me over and his son was there with him holding a box. He was explaining to me how he had a delivery for me and when I saw it, I discovered it was ANOTHER HOMECOMING PROPOSAL OH MY HECK! So at that moment I kinda died inside and tried to think of what to do. I found out the boy is on my cross country team and he is THE FASTEST BOY ON THE TEAM! As in he's basically nationally ranked and Olympic worthy....he's super cute too! I was informed he is so shy and he finally worked up the courage to ask someone to homecoming and he asked me! I can't believe I had to shut him down! If he had asked me 3 days prior I would've been in a totally different situation! So then that night mom and I dedicated our night to making the cutest skeleton/Halloween themed cupcakes because instead of going to homecoming, I asked him (quite early) to the girls choice Halloween dance! I had the help from a friend to write him out a poem and I delivered it the next day in person so that he could ask someone out just in case! The poem read, "When you asked me, I died inside. Someone else asked me first. It would've been a lot of fun, and now I feel the worst! I loved the way you asked me 'twas the cutest thing I've seen, but since I cannot go to homecoming with you, will you be my date to Halloween?" I was heart broken but what could I do?
 |
| In Cameron's proposal he wrote a lot of things about himself in each Donut stating, "I DONUT do this....but I do this...it was super cute! Luckily he ended up saying yes to my Halloween proposal! |

At our football games we chant the school song and wave our flags while everyone's decked out! I even stayed for 5th quarter where there was a dance party on the field! I was invited to go true darting where you kiss at the field through the D on a night of the full moon and even had someone volunteer as a joke ;) haha I was like uh no not quite yet. I heard a rumor about dateless Davis so my friend Ashley and I decided to change that. We asked some guys and invited another girl and sculpted cupcakes! Haha I asked a boy from my computer tech class I've met a couple of times named Brayden. He's pretty cute :) Ashley and I had made a ton of cupcakes and frosting. Then each couple created a masterpiece using a bunch of cupcakes and colored frosting and candy. It was better than making gingerbread houses! Brayden and I won making a sunset on an ocean with an island of log cabins haha we took forever and struggled.....a lot but it was so much fun! Afterwards we reminisced our childhood playing games like hungry hungry hippo. I can't wait to plan more dates and spend another week at Davis High!
 |
| On the group date was Josh, Ashley, Brayden, Kate, and Mitch. |
 |
| Our winning masterpiece. |
 |
| Ashley and I are on a roll |
 |
| I got to go to Judson's baptism! |
 |
| Taking selfies at family game night. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by family now. |
 |
| The G-Ma and me |
 |
| Reuniting with my NH friends Drew and Bartlet. |
 |
| Dartman-Our school mascot! |
 |
| The JV Girl Cross Country team! |
 |
| These are some of my best friends Britton, Anne, Taylor, and David. I met them at my first cross country meet and I will never forget these wonderful people! |
 |
| My family! |
 |
| We drove up to Logan and surprised my grandma for her birthday! |
 |
| My first performance with my madrigals at a school assembly. |
For one mutual we 3 laurels hiked up this beautiful canyon and made ice cream on our way up the mountain! On Labor Day weekend I got to go to Judson's baptism!! I felt so blessed to have been able to witness Judson's baptism and he asked me to be his chorister! I had SCHOOL PICS FOR THE YEARBOOK as in all of the seniors wore our graduation robes because we all match in the yearbook! Crazy I'm going to be wearing that gold robe for real in 9 months! I'm also now the YW piano player in my ward! I cannot believe out of like 25 YW and leaders none of them can play piano!! I think I might go insane at the constant drives back and forth to Kaysville everyday. I will forget about all of the agony and pain of these trips once we finally move into our house! 3 more weeks! I don't know if you heard about Once I was a Beehive but in that movie a girl shared that through losing someone, we feel the pain and loss until we see them again like in heaven and at that moment you forget about all of the pain you suffered during their absence. I know that we will all suffer and feel pain in our lives but it will all be worth it in the end and we will forget all of our moments of pain and agony and replace it with the unforgettable moments through our times of trials. I am having the greatest time of my life and I cannot wait to share so many more adventures with Davis High!
 |
| Carley, Zack, and I on our first day of school! |
No comments:
Post a Comment