Saturday, July 4, 2015

Finding Joy in the Journey

I was so blessed to have had my last girls camp in New Hampshire! It was literally the best week of girls camp I have ever had! I was a 2nd year YCL and I love my girls dearly! Throughout the week I paddle boarded, did the polar bear swim, shot some arrows in archery, rifled, sang a TON of songs, hiked, and honestly just had the time of my life! One night I got to go star gazing and we couldn't figure out how to use the telescopes so instead we traveled around camp and took random pictures of us and the telescopes. On Wednesday we had a stake activity where each year traveled from one station to another that represented each young woman value. At the end of the stations, we all ran to the sports field and had a color fest! It was SO MUCH FUN! It represented the YW values in that if you possess these values, you will be able to see it on yourself. The entire week was honestly so much fun and I came super close to my Peterborough ward and some of my 2nd years. One thing that I learned was from a devotional given by president Holland. He explained that love knows no bounds and love not only travels across the world, but across time! When we do ordinances for the dead we are expressing love across time! I thought that was absolutely amazing! On Thursday we had the testimony meeting and I gave the last testimony. I bore my testimony on eternal families letting everyone know that if I don't see them in this life, I am looking forward to embracing everyone in our next life with our Heavenly Father. I love all the people here in New Hampshire so much I don't know what I would've done without them! Friday we had the skits and they were all so adorable! We had a YCL swat team with giant fly swatters and we'd go pin down a camper who wasn't wearing their lanyard or who threw trash on the ground for the skit. We also had an intense bathroom cleaning songs where we were all split up into sections and we made a bunch of bathroom and cleaning noises all together! Some were singing "The bathroom's being cleaned right now doo da, doo da" etc. I had a lot of fun making crafts like dream catchers along with paddle boarding at the waterfront. I went on multiple runs with Rylee and went to a workout in the morning. As 2nd year YCLs, we put together bunch of goodie bags like survival kits and campfire trail mix. We ended up hiking 5 miles with the girls so we had to make it entertaining. At the end of girls camp, I sadly had to say goodbye to everyone because the next day I was off to Utah! I honestly love New Hampshire so much! Looking back on my experiences now, I realized that you never realize what you had until it's gone. I love you New Hampshire and all of my wonderful friends in New Hampshire. You will be dearly missed!
Putting together goodie bags for our girls
All of the YCLs!

Rocking the check in table
Mommy and I at camp.




The 2nd years and the YCLs at the top of the hike!


I love archery!




I got to go rifling for the first time! I was no where near the bulls-eye but hey, it was a blast!



Eating ice cream with my Peterborough first years Alyza, Hailey, Ivy, and Gretta

It was a little rainy so Rylee and I decided to be dementors with our ponchos

Hanging our with my 2nd years

It was rainy during the color fest so not only did we get decked out in color, we got SOAKED! 

Beginning our star gazing adventure! Ashley, Abby, Victoria and I had a little fun with telescopes.








Partying in the gold cart!


The Singing Tree. Each ward would stand up and sing a song. The Peterborough ward sang "Live Like You Believe" by Jenny Phillips. It was absolutely beautiful! I was so touched and I grasped this priceless memory with my ward, realizing that this was my last time I would sing and share such a moment with my ward. 



My best friends Molly, Anna Berrey, Ashley Luhtjarv, Rylee Noorda, and Megan Schillemat.
This year, girls camp songs were taken to a whole new level! We had sing offs and camp song competitions. During lunch everyone would get up on their chairs and belt camp songs and Disney songs it was so much fun! Due to these sing offs, voice and hearing loss was inevitable. 

My sweet favorite first year Lauren Luhtjarv and I. We had a little photo shoot because of our twinning bandannas and t-shirts.



Amelia, Megan, Rylee, and I went paddle boarding and had a little water gun fight.

Our bathroom song skit.



The YCLs on skit day would put together 5 mini skits to do in between all of the skits. During one of them, Rylee and I finally fulfilled our 13 year old plan to do "Repentance" as a laundry detergent. Our instructions were, "Spray, pray, and wipe away". It was fantastic! 

My second years and their Lion King themed skit.

My wonderful Peterborough ward! I love them all so much! 

The slide show.

My new buddy Abby Meyers! I love her so much! We want to become pen pals. 




Saying goodbye to Megan and Amelia Schillemat.


My best friend Anna Berrey and I!

Rylee Noorda and I.

Jessica Harmon and I saying goodbye.

Saying goodbye to such an incredible role model in my life! I love Sister Horne and we shared an epic final hug.

My wonderful YW president Sister Swisher and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment