
I ran a 2 day race with a 12 person team down at Cape Cod and it was honestly one of the most fun experiences I have ever had! The race was called Ragnar. My team ran a total of 192 miles all the way from Hull, MA to Provincetown, MA. We basically ran, drove to the next transition spots, supported each other along the way, ate, and then repeated the process. We may have been able to throw in a little sleep here and there haha actually at one transition where we waited for the first half of our team in van 1 to finish, we managed to fit in 2 hours of sleep lying out on the lawn of a high school. Later on we got 3 hours in a random high school gym. Everyone was piled in it was funny. My first leg was 4.8 miles and it was BEAUTIFUL! I ran along the Cape Cod canal then over a massive bridge called the Bourne Bridge that entered into Cape Cod. When I looked out the view was gorgeous! I ran my first leg at about 5pm. Then my next leg was 3.1 miles at 2am. I ran along a trail and because everyone was separated, I creepily ran all alone in the woods in pitch black with just my headlamp providing the only source of light. There was this one point where I ran through a tunnel and all I could hear was the echoing patter of my feet! To top it off, I ran past a graveyard.....haha then my final leg was my FAVORITE leg and it was 9.6 miles at 11:30am. I had my team support me along the way cheering me on and handing me my honey packs. I ran along streets and saw cute houses. The ocean was on either side of me as I ran. There were a good amount of steep hills but it wasn't too bad. I honestly just felt amazing!! At mile 7 I looked out and saw the beautiful cape with the pilgrim monument and everything it was gorgeous!! Then I ran along a highway and at the one mile to go mark, I sprinted the last mile and finished on a steep hill. My whole team lined up to create a bridge and held their hands out as I ran through the line. I looked behind me to see my team running right by my side through the finish line. It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING OH MY GOSH! We spent a little time at the cape having a team lunch of clam chowder and pasta salad. We climbed the Pilgrim monument I was almost positive my legs were going to fall off after running so much. This race was so fun I hope to experience it again with my family.
 |
| Our team: The Ghost Riders. I was able to have some close leaders and my best friend on the team with me! Rylee ran the race with me along with my former Young Woman president, Sister Jarnagin and her husband Brother Jarnagin. Also my former bishop, Brother Gustafson ran along with many other people from the church. |
 |
| Rylee and I at the beach at the first major transition |
 |
| Rylee and I trying to get some sleep.... |
 |
| The mass pile of people in the high school gym. |
 |
| Before my first leg....on the Cape Cod Canal |
 |
| Rylee and I before our third leg!! |
 |
| To cheer on a teammate, Rylee and I had a little fun dancing with flags on the street. We did the macarena, the lasso, and many other dances. It was fun to cheer the runners on! |
|
Why hello Cape Cod
 |
| Rylee and I decorated our van: Van 2. We checked off each teammate's run. |
 |
| Finishers!! |
 |
| Cape Cod Finishers! |
 |
| I LOVE TO RUN! |
 |
| Our team's medals fit together to create a united message. |
No comments:
Post a Comment