
3 days before prom, I was going to spend the weekend working and having an anti-prom lunch with a couple of friends. Come Thursday, my mom told me that I should go to prom and she offered to pay for me! At that point, I was so excited and I was frantically looking for someone to take my shift. My friend David Spalding actually invited me to get prom pictures at his house if I ended up going. Friday morning, I got a prom ticket THE DAY BEFORE PROM and then found out that I WAS A CANDIDATE FOR PROM QUEEN over the announcements!! There were 5 guys and 5 girls nominated for the Prom Court. The other female candidates were Hannah Hembrow, Tessa Wright, Kristin Antone, and Sinead Gomes. The male candidates were Max Urda, Tim Tamulonus, Tommy Simo, Jake Ricca, and Tyler Soucy. So Saturday I got all ready for the prom and got together with my friend Maddi. I was hard core 3rd wheeling with her and Tim but it was fun! We got pictures with a group of girls and then went over to David's for pictures. Max and Tommy went stag like me and they were at David's along with 3 other couples. Lastly, we went to prom!! The prom was themed "Red Carpet" and it was at the Crowne Plaza. We entered into the foyer and after turning in our tickets, we were given 2 pebbles to place into the cups representing each candidate for the Prom Court. There was a dinner during prom. The meal consisted of salad, rolls, roast beef, chicken, soups, potato wedges, and STEAMED CARROTS!! That's all I ate haha and the dessert was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! It was strawberry cheesecake! After dinner, the dancing began! There were line dancing, inflatable guitars thrown out on the dance floor during "I Love Rock and Roll", synchronized dancing to Bye Bye Bye (from Mr. MHS), lip synch battles between Robert Desmond an Nick Skinner, and of course the declaration of prom king and prom queen. First, Mr. Alcox (the DJ) announced the prom king, and you guessed it: Max Urda won prom king! Afterwards I was just waiting to hear Hannah's name to be called for prom queen but I was caught off guard when I WAS ANNOUNCED PROM QUEEN! I WAS MY JUNIOR CLASS PROM QUEEN!!!! I was stunned and so excited! To celebrate, Mr. Alcox put on the 6 Flags Theme song and Morgan Barlow and Amanda Alcox joined me in dancing the EFY Mormon dance. Max was dancing beside me clueless as to what he was doing haha but we performed the whole dance in front of everyone. Then it was the Prom King and Queen dance. It was a snowball effect dance. Max and I started off dancing together. Then we split and I danced with Tim and David. It was absolutely incredible!! Afterwards I had people telling me that I completely deserved it and Mr. Joyce (prom advisor) told me when he counted the votes, I won by a landslide!! WHAT! I was honored, stunned, and speechless! It was absolutely amazing! After prom I went over to Jen Carson's house (David's date) and we had cheese and crackers, apple juice, and Oreos. Now that's how you celebrate a prom after party!! My weekend shifted from a potential mediocre weekend to an incredible experience!! This has been such an amazing ending to my incredible experience out here in New England. I'm so blessed to have been able to celebrate with my Junior class and senior friends all the relationships I have gained in my years at Milford High. This has been an amazing experience and I'm truly going to miss my wicked awesome New England friends. Now I can look forward to my Utah Senior Ball!








 |
| My friends Maddi, Olivia, Sinead, Allison, Abby, and Nicole |
 |
| Morgan, Kayla, and I |
 |
| Hard core third wheeling with Tim and Maddi |
 |
| Cassidy, Maddi, and Jenn |
 |
| The dance floor! |
 |
| Prom Queens 2014-2015 |
 |
| Pumped for the EFY Mormon theme dance |
 |
| Jacob Anderson and I: We completely matched, we could've gone together to prom haha |
 |
| Prom Apparel at church with Trey, Morgan, Drew, Jake, and I |
 |
| When I arrived home from prom, I had this banner prepared for me along with a rose and treats on my bed. To top it off, when I walked in the door Zack and his friend Jeremy were bowing down to me. I could get used to this... |
 |
| Found this little treat on my bed.....the greatest of all treats I must add |
 |
| I had a little photo shoot with my crown and sash. |
No comments:
Post a Comment