Friday, March 27, 2015

Shrek the Musical

 I had the most AMAZING experience performing in Shrek the Musical! This was probably my final performance with Bedford Youth Performing Company and I could not ask for a better show! BYPC has helped me to live my dream of performing on stage! I cannot thank them enough and for such an AMAZING cast! I loved every single one of the cast members and I was able to experience many of my fellow cast members' senior show with people I have grown up with! This year I played the part of Pinocchio in Shrek the musical. I was one of the lead roles and led the fairy tale characters! It was so fun to be animated and goofy, and WOODEN like a puppet. I had multiple compliments on the talent of how I could swing my arms and resemble a puppet! I also was able to dance as a Duloc performer in the Kingdom of Duloc with Lord Farquad. Lord Farquad played his part on his knees and he was the star of the show! Every time he shuffled on stage, laughter burst throughout the audience and back stage! I was also one of the 3 blind mice during one of Donkey's songs called, "Make a Move": trying to encourage Shrek and Fiona to express their feelings. I was a back up singer to the dragon, and finally, I was a random bird that ran across the stage during Donkey's travel song with a "bird herd" belting a clip from Lion King's "Circle of Life" song. The entire song was just filled with goody characters, constant jokes and laughter, and just fun! Our Saturday night show overflowed with energy. I performed my heart out! It was sad to say goodbye during the bows but it was absolutely unforgettable! Throughout my performances over the weekend, my Young Woman class came to support me! Additionally, my family, my music teacher, the Jarnagin family, and my best friends came to support me! Performing allows me to be myself through another character. I am able to not only live in a fantasy, but cause a fantasy to come to life for so many others. After the shows, as characters we visited the audience. It was so fun to interact with the little kids and have them run up and ask for pictures. One little boy ran up to me and said, "Pocchio!". We had a girl scout troop and multiple Head Start preschools we previously visited come and see us. I was asked how I chose my character, I realized and expressed that my character chose me. I love my cast. I love to perform. I love my director Ann. I cannot even put into words how incredible this experience was!!

Dreams do come true!!








Bird Herd

Dragon and the Dragon Supremes (backup)



3 Blind Mice



Lord Farqued and the Duloc performers























Let your freak flag fly!









I love these guys!

My best friend Sarah and I!

Tiffany, Sarah, Maura, Hannah, Lauren, and Emily

Emily, Jill, and I

Fairytale selfie! P.S. I used glue and tape to keep this piece of work on my face...

I grew up to be a real boy ;)

My YW supporting me!

My best friends Trey, Drew, Conner, Haven, and Rylee

Grace and Mary

The girls

MY BEST FRIEND
My best friend  Sarah and I
Emily, Sarah, and I twinning



No comments:

Post a Comment