On November 15, 2014 was EFY for a day in Cambridge!! Once we arrived, we split into groups and got to know more people. There was a morning-side taught by a high school teacher. The whole theme of this activity was "Dare to be Mormon, dare to stand alone. Dare to have a purpose firm, dare to make it known." One quote that really stood out to me was "Those who are with us more than they that are with them." We are as the armies of Helaman. While we are in the world, although we may think we are standing alone, we are never alone. We always have the Lord on our side and our armies to battle by our side. We have more strength, courage, and support than any infinite amount of worldly people against us. I just love how I know that even though it may seem that I am standing alone, I am never alone. After the morning-side we went off to do service projects! My group went off to a school and cleaned/raked the front of the school. When we returned, we had workshops (or classes), dinner, and then THE DANCE!!! THE DANCE WAS SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!! Basically I've reached the point where I go ALL OUT regardless of whatever anyone thinks of me. I made so many new friends, danced with so many great people, and just had the best time EVER! Zack was also able to attend this activity and he had a ton of fun once he realized that the cute girls (and boys of course) are virtuous, moral, fun, and happy people who radiate the light of Christ. I know I've noticed that through all of my friends that I have developed at activities like these and dances. I breaked dance with my leaders, led the line dances, I guess you could say I was the Dancing Queen (only 17 ;)) I love my faith with every fiber of my being. Honestly I don't think I could ever feel pure joy without my church. Everyday I look forward to reading the scriptures, saying my prayers, and being enveloped in the Spirit and love of my Heavenly Father.

 |
| Raking at our service project. |
 |
| My group at the subway station. |
No comments:
Post a Comment