Saturday, June 21, 2014

Spring Memories!

Weather-wise, Spring wasn't much of a spring. Our weather jumped from winter to summer. However, the fun still continued even if there was snow in April! This spring we celebrated my mom and dad's birthday, we spent time with Brooke before she left on her mission, we attended the Boston marathon, had Easter, I GOT A JOB, and had a lot of fun at church activities and get together! I am so thankful for my sister for helping me get the GREATEST JOB EVER! I am now currently an employee at Hayward's Ice Cream. ICE CREAM. I'M AN ICE CREAM SCOOPER! I also make wraps, subs, etc. but ICE CREAM! You don't even know how awesome it is to be able to have unlimited ice cream, have an AWESOME boss and manager that are completely chill, to receive tips every time you work (I have my own personal window that people order from), and get minimum wage on top of tips. It's pretty awesome! The environment there is super happy and fun too! I love the people I work with! Basically I love my life. It just keeps getting better and better!
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY MOMMY!



Hanging out at Parker's Maple Barn with the missionaries.

These missionaries have to be one my favorites. Elder Fowler and Elder Wright.

I was able to celebrate my best friend's 16th birthday with her! Happy birthday Sarah!

For mutual we had a Navajo night. These members in my ward have a Navajo culture. It was so cool to see how people still live today! In little huts, how the babies lay on the boards, etc. It was so cool to see this culture and learn about it!

My mom's best friend Andrea Lunt (her college roommate) ran the Boston marathon this year! Their whole family flew out to go see their mom run. They came over for Easter and I was able to become pretty close with their girls. I went with them to cheer on their mom! It was so fun to cheer for all the runners and calling out their names. It's such an exciting experience and I loved hanging out with these girls all day!


Hanging out on the subway.

While we were on the subway I got to see SISTER BROWN! One of the missionaries I went on splits with in the past!

I got to go to Mike's Pastries for the first time and it was DELICIOUS!


Saying our farewells!



Me coloring my eggs for Easter!

Carley and her friends at a poolside movie event. 

Working at HAYWARD'S!!!

Serving ice cream!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPAA! His cake was absolutely stunning! (It kinda collapsed)

At my friend Nicole's birthday party!




Before a fireside, some friends and I had a little picnic! We had sandwiches, fruit, snacks, and dessert! It was so cute and super fun! I had a picnic with Miclyn, Amy, Rylee, Conner, and Josh.

All the priests and laurels attended the Singles Ward. This is my friends and I taking an Oscar Selfie at the linger longer potluck after church. It was so fun to spend time with these wonderful people!

For mutual we had a cookoff competition. The young women vs. the young men. The beehives and deacons were competing appetizers, the mia maids and teachers were competing main dishes, and the laurels and priests competed dessert. We had judges taste and judge each dish. THE YOUNG WOMEN WON! For the Laurels, we made a trife that WAS ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR! Basically the layer were brownies, chocolate pudding, oreo pieces, whipped cream, then more brownies, then more oreos, and finally raspberries on top. The priests also made a trife but with cake (ours was better.) The beehives made a fruit and dip while the deacons made nachos. the mia maids made crepes while the teachers made fajitas. It was such a fun activity, probably one of the best in a long time! Hopefully we can do something like this again!

OUR TRIFLE!!!


Our Masterpiece!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment