I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE IN THE OUTERBANKS!!! To start off why it was so awesome was because we wanted to come with the Olsens again this year, this week (June 13-20) was the only week we could get together with them! So while this week was originally my last week of school, I took finals early and got to have an extra week in my summer! I said all my farewells before I left and then that night we were off driving 12 hours to North Carolina! We got to go with the Olsens that we usually go with, along with the Argyles, and a family named the Fellows. They had 3 girls, one that's almost 16 and twin 13 year old girls. So when we got there, we immediately got settled and headed to the BEACH! My ultimate goal was to not burn on the first day (seems to be a tradition every trip). Although I was very successful in preventing a sunburn the first day.....I got it pretty bad on the THIRD DAY! It was depressing but I guess I'm just cursed with New Hampshire skin. I did a ton of boogie boarding, body surfing, surfing, and paddle boarding all week! On Sunday we all got ready to go to church and we drove to the nearest church building. The entire parking lot was filled......WITH VISITORS! Turns out that day they had stake conference so the church building was locked! It was crazy to see so many members that were JUST VISITING! There were people from all over! I swear the cars did not stop coming! It was absolutely amazing to see so many members surrounding you from all over! We went on our usual sand dune trip. Did some racing and photo shooting. That night all the kids performed and danced to a cheesy fathers day song. It was a lot of fun! Then throughout the week we participated in tons of fun tournaments and challenges. Zack, Garrett, Mitch, Alivia, Abbie, and I participated in the ping pong tournament. I was paired first round with Zack and he beat me! But it was fun to watch all the games and competition. Garrett won his division and Zack took second. I also played some games with Carter so that was fun! We also participated in the family volleyball tournment. Our team (my mom, Zack, Carter, my dad, Bro. Argyle, and I) made it so far in the tournament! We won a bunch of games and were so close to making it to the championship! It was so much fun! Zack and Mitch participated in the free throw and 3 on 3 basketball competition along with Bro. Argyle, my dad, Mike, and Carter winning their 3 on 3 tournament! We got to have tons of delicious food including DUCK DONUTS! Basically donuts that are to DIE FOR! They make it right in front of you and you decide the frosting and topping, etc. I got a french toast donut!! Basically it was a donut dipped in glaze with cinnamon sprinkled on top and a maple drizzle. I. KNOW. I'm honestly drooling right now! I also got to run and go on bike rides along the beach! The beach is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The waves are huge and the waters are SO WARM! I honestly love the Outerbanks so much I hope to continue going with my own family in the future! I became really close with the girls and everyone! We went to Art Festivals, went on walks along the boardwalks. Watched the sunsets. Killed a water moccasin, went out and saw ghost crabs that only come out at night, saw WILD HORSES along the beach, and I got to paddle board WITH DOLPHINS! I was honestly within touching distance of the dolphins IT WAS SO COOL! They swam right by my board and I could hear them breathing and making noises! We also had a ton of fun playing card games and games in the dark such as murderer. We spent a good amount of time playing murderer with all the families including parents! Basically everyone is given a card and there are 2 aces (murderers) then you turn off the lights and walk around. The murderers choose people to die and if someone hits a body lying on the ground they yell "dead body" and the lights are turned on and people vote for the murderer. I have to say I was the entire game as a murderer, I killed off all of the people without being caught it was great! Outerbanks was just a ton of fun! I shed my tears during the trip after finishing the Fault In Our Stars but I also shared many laughs and joyful moments with all these wonderful people! I love the Outerbanks SO MUCH and I can't wait to go back!

 |
| The whole crew at church! |
 |
| Family photo at the sanddunes |
 |
| Models.... |
 |
| The girls.... |
 |
| Our attempt at a pyramid.... |
 |
| The boys.... |
 |
| All the dads on Fathers Day |
 |
| Zack and Mitch doing flips at the sanddunes |
 |
| Chilling with wild horses on the beach!! |
 |
| Eliza and I and the wild horses! |
 |
| Singing out fathers day song to the dads |
 |
| Eating at the DELICIOUS DUCK DONUTS!! |
 |
| Duck Donuts! |
 |
| Devouring our donuts! |
 |
| The ghost crabs we saw along the beach! |
 |
| Searching for ghost crabs |
 |
| Family Home Evening lesson |
 |
| Chilling with the water moccasin |
 |
| Our walk along the boardwalk to the lighthouse! |
 |
| Boogie boarding! |
 |
| Carley and her Argyle buddies! |
 |
| Chilling with Alivia, Abbie, and Garrett. |
 |
| My adorable bedroom. |
 |
| Our view! |
 |
| SURFING! |
 |
| Just so you know.... I never caught a wave. |
 |
| Zack and Mitch competing in his tournament |
 |
| Playing at our volleyball tournament. |
 |
| My mom and I at the beach |
 |
| Carter and I |
 |
| Carley and Garrett |
 |
| My mom and the moms |
 |
| My girls!! Abbie, Eliza, and Alivia |
 |
| Mitch and I |
 |
| The whole crew! |
 |
| Saying goodbye to Eliza! |
 |
| Kelsey and I |
 |
| Conner SO CUTE! |
 |
| Eliza, Alivia, Abbie, Carter and I |
 |
| Surfboard photo shoot! |
 |
| Garrett and I |
 |
| 3 on 3 champions!!! |
I love all these pictures! Beach pictures are so beautiful and you have so much fun Nat. Can't wait to see you very soon in July!
ReplyDelete