After many applications and an interview, I was accepted into the Tri-M Music Honors Society! In this society, we are involved in a lot of service and music! We do things like Relay for Life where we raise money for breast cancer, we also plan music in our schools month and provide lots of musical activities for that! I was able to be inducted and it was so cool! Also, I have been involved by volunteering to play with the Unified Basketball team! It is a basketball program for those with special needs. As a player, I play with these athletes on the court and pass them the ball and set them up for any hoops or scores. It was so wonderful to be with these guys at games and practices! Every time they scored, they were so excited and it just made me so happy to be there and witness that moment! After every smile, high five, cheer, and hug, I knew I experienced a priceless experience! There was actually an IN SCHOOL Unified game against the Alerne Unified team. As we played against this team, my whole entire school attended the game! After the every basket the crowd roared and the athletes got so excited! The crowd was doing the wave as one of the faculty, Mr. Alcox was announcing each play throughout the game! I love all of these guys and this was an absolutely wonderful experience!
 |
| All of the members of the Tri-M Honors Society at the induction ceremony. |
 |
| Posing with my certificate. |
 |
| The new inductees. |
 |
| One of our games with the Unified team. |
 |
| Both teams at a Unified game. |
 |
| For our in-school game, the whole lobby was covered with the name of every single member of our school supporting the Unified team! |
 |
| The whole team! |
 |
| My picture on the wall. |
 |
| The team at the in-school basketball game! |
 |
| My best friend Brooke and I!! |
This February I attended the February Dance!! Everyone was so festive for Valentine's day! Before I went to the dance, I got to go sledding and then to get a muffin and hot cocoa with Cooper on a date! So at the dance, I got to hang out with a lot of my friends, I witnessed a ton of cute proposals to prom, and Cooper gave me a flower. It was cute :) My friend Annie and I also went around giving kisses to everyone (don't worry, the chocolate kind). It was a lot of fun and I love my friends!!
 |
| My friends and I at the dance! |
 |
| Melina, Adrianna, Conner and I at the dance! |
 |
| My crush for eternity/COW for life....Alex Gold (Annie's little brother). I love him! |
 |
| Zack and I hanging out while our parents were out at Martha's Vinyard for a 20 mile race. |
 |
| Carley playing basketball! |
 |
| Our wonderful missionaries Elder Spencer and Elder Soares. |
 |
| Saying goodbye to Elder Spencer! |
This right here was the most amazing moment EVER! Brooke received her mission call to serve for a year and a half dedicating her work and her life to our Heavenly Father by teaching others about the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When she announced her mission, I couldn't help but cry it was absolutely incredible! She couldn't even finish reading she was getting choked up! My sis Brooke was called to the Monogua, Nicaragua mission SPANISH SPEAKING! I am so excited for her and now I have a motivation to learn Spanish so we can talk to each other back and forth in Spanish!.....well at least email or write back and forth. I'm so excited for her! Nicaragua is right near the Equator and it's by Costa Rica near South America. It'll be nice and hot! Also, most the country lives in poverty so she is going to have a life changing experience. I'm so excited for her and Te amo Brooke!!
 |
| Mom and I making pancakes! |
 |
| In Interact we got diapers to donate. |
 |
| A big donation received in Interact. |
 |
| Carley got to go to a day long art camp! she had a lot of fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment