Monday, July 16, 2012

Youth Conference!

So from July 12-July 14 I got to go to the Nashua and the Boston stake youth conference! It was great! I made a lot of new friends... (and a new crush of course) and had a great spiritual experience. On Thursday, we did service projects. We wrote letters to missionaries, we made sock puppets for little kids in different countries, and we made PB & J sandwiches for people. We got to hand out with our groups (like EFY) and created close bonds. That night we had a fireside and it was a great fireside. It was a about following God's commandments and refuse to temptations. There was a story to go along with it where a girl followed the king's 10 keys. But then there was a merchant who was giving out glass orbs that rated someone's beauty. She was dissappointed that her orb was such a low number that she became greedy. But then she realized it wasn't the right thing so she went back and started following the king's orbs again with her new little friend Polly. Polly became ill and did pass away but Jane continued to follw the kings keys for Polly and in the end she received all 10 keys and she then became the Queen and reunited with Polly and the King. I love the parable...it's all about following the 10 commandments and it will lead you to happiness. Then that night we got to stay in members homes and had a great time talking to our new friends.

Then on Friday, we had classes. In one of the classes I got to watch a cell phone being smashed and I like how a cell phone represents a testimony and communicating with God. Wanting a cell phone is like wanting a testimony. Sending a message to God stands for...S:speak with the Lord, E:exercise faith in Christ, N:never quit trying, and D:desire. All the classes were great like one about life is NOT easy or is NOT fair but we still need to try hard and resist temptations. My favorite part was the dance at the end. It was a blacklight dance so we all got to glow! I got to party and dance with A LOT of my friends! Also, my new crush asked me before the last dance, "will you share the last dance with me?" it was so cute! Each night at our host homes we had a great devotional and this whole YC was just a great spititual experience!

Lastly, Saturday was our last day but it was an AWESOME day! So that day we all got to act as missionaries. Myself and my companion taught missionaries....but one acted Catholic and the other one acted Atheist...haha it was interesting. :) So at each meal I got to hang out with all of my friends and my crush and it was a lot of FUN! We also got to hear a talk in person from one of the 12 apostles...Elder L. Tom Perry! It was amazing! All about being healthy phisically and spiritually. It was great! Then at the end we had a great testimony meeting from all of our experiences. I shared that during my missionary experience...I went a little overboard and didn't really stay on topic...but every word  said, even if it went overboard or not, that every word I said I know it so be true. I love this church and I know that it is true. This whole youth conference was full of great bonds and spiritual experiences and I will never forget my group, or anything else that happened. I may not see some people in this life again but I know that, "'till we meet at Jesus' feet"..."God be with you 'till we meet again." I love that hymn and I know that what it says is true. I would just like to say that this was a great experience and I can't wait to have another experience like it at EFY... :)

This is one of the sefvice projects at Youth Conference....we creates bags full of food to provide for those who need it.


This is my group doing their "birdcall" or cheer, I was a a volleyball camp during this time and arrived late to youth conference.

For one of the activites we wrote letters for the missionaries all over the stake.


Another service project we made puppets out of socks for children in other countries that represent their traditions. It was really cool to see all the different ideas and puppets.

We made peanutbutter sandwiches for those who need food.


My friend Zoe and I making puppets.

It was game night! We did all these different games and for this game you suck up an m&m and try to place in on all 3 straws. I am watching intensely and waiting for my turn.

Brooke really into her game....

We had classes at youth conference and at this class, Brother Berrey was smashing cell phones.



Some friends and me at youth conference...Jim, James, Anna, and Maggie

I made a new friend at youth conference :)


My group and me discussing a game.

This is me in action playing missionary tag...I am not photogenic...

My group poster.

My group and me. Anna, Sam, Ben, Tristan, Maggie, Adriana, Amanda, Brianne, and my.

Brooke's group...

Partying at the dance!

Someone doing the worm.

The dance was a black light dance so it was glow in the dark. Everyone wore bright colors and there were highlighters to draw on each other.

3 guys doing the log roll.

I am dancing with my friend Conner in this picture....

The dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment