Monday, June 25, 2012

Outerbanks 2012

Recently as a family with 3 other families, the Olsens, the Goodsells, and the Millers we went to North Carolina. We went to the Outerbanks in Corolla, NC. It was so much fun! We went to the sand dunes, participated in a lot of tournaments like the ping pong tournament, volleyball, basketball, and we were in the sand sculpture contest! This year we created a giant Dectapus! It's like an octopus but with 10 tentacles and in each tentacle there's a beach item. It was a lot of fun to build with everyone! We also shot potatoes with potato launchers! For father's day, the kids presented a flash mob for the dads and that was...interesting...we also of course had a great time at the beach! We body surfed and went boogie boarding! I got tan, but I also got burnt badly. Overall it was tons of fun and a great experience! I hope to do it again! I'm going to miss it and all of my friends.

Brooke and I at the sand dunes!


Working on the flash mob...




All the participants in the flash mob!

The kids with my dad. Happy Father's Day! We performed to te song, "The One" by Nsinc and afterwards we gave the dads U-No bars. :)


Just messing around with my friends...

Me working on the Dectapus sand sculture.


All of the helpers and the Dectapus sculpture. We took 1st! Plus, out of one of the tentacles we had a guyser.


Boogie boarding!


Carley and her friend Garrett potato launching!





Potato launchers!

Me potato launching!...I'm a little burnt....


This is the beautiful view of the backyard of our beach house we stayed in!

I helped Emily M. create this Indian  chalk mural. It was fun and isn't it beautiful?
The volleyball tournament! We took 2nd...




My new friend Claire and I.



Dan G. was the artist behind the Dectapus and just one day he decided just to throw together a sand sculpture...isn't this amazing? Who can just casually do this?



The family after the vacation...

The Olsens-one of the families we stayed with.
This is the whole group of Olsens...

No comments:

Post a Comment