I never thought this day would come but I received my mission call in the mail and I was STUCK in Provo!! I had to wait until the weekend to find out where I will be called, the call I've been waiting for my entire life! The day finally came where I went home to have so many wonderful people there to support me open my call. We had a map with tons of guesses and no one was near my call! My mom wanted me to go to Italy so badly haha when I finally opened my call, I teared up as I read, "Dear Sister Olsen" as I have been waiting to hear those words! I then proceeded to read, "You have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You have been called to labor in the Adriatic South mission..." the minute I read that I was so confused. I was expecting stateside but felt that I was going foreign. I also all my life thought I was going spanish, but when I received my call and held it in my hands, I knew I wasn't speaking Spanish. As I continued to read my call, it said that I would preach the gospel in the ALBANIAN LANGUAGE! At the point I had no idea where I'd be going haha all I knew that the Albanian people are now my people and they will bless my life as much as hopefully I will bless theirs! I cannot wait to serve and I report on October 12th! My mission is the countries of Albania, Kosovo, and Macedonia. I AM SO EXCITED to put on that tag and be a representative of Jesus Christ!
| All the guesses for my mission. Who knew I'd be going to EUROPE! |
![]() |
| My mission. |
| As you can tell I'm pretty excited! |
| I am so thankful for all of my friends that came to support me! I was blessed to have my grandparents there and my grandpa to say the prayer before I opened up my call. |
| Two "Sisters" :) |
![]() |
| Taylor and me!! |
![]() |
| Amber and me! She booked it over after work and I was SO EXCITED to see her! |
![]() |
| I ended up getting an Albanian flag and hung it up in my appt next to Brooke's Nicaraguan flag. |





No comments:
Post a Comment