Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Welcome 2016! Let the New Adventures Begin!

I had this great opportunity to perform in this American Oral Competition for a Scholarship! I relived a little bit my We the People Days, studied the Constitution along with court cases, Federalist Papers, and current events. I presented an oration on the obligations and duties of a citizen and gave a speech on the 8th amendment. I was able to present this and I even had one of the judges, a Supreme Court Justice, say, "I'd hire her in a second!" I ended up taking 2nd place and while I didn't progress onto Regions, I was relieved to not have to continue studying haha but I had a great experience and I was excited to tell Mr. Alcox about how I relived the glory days!

The Regional Dance

I have to thank Logan for asking me to the Regional Dance!! ;) What's funny was this entire night was a joke! A Regional Dance is like a Stake Dance. The theme was black and white and usually it's a stag dance where usually those that attend are under the age of 16, before you can actually date. So Logan and I got a group together and we decided to attend the regional dance and go ALL OUT! We practiced and choreographed a synchronized waltz and got together to make each other corsages and boutonnieres out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners. After the girls got all ready in my room and the guys got all dressed up, we did all the doorstep scenes at my house and then got our pictures done! We pulled out a green screen to have a little fun with our pictures ;) After we took pictures we went to the dance and the guys escorted us into the dance. The chaperons LOVED it! They loved how we went all out in black and white with our red accents! We then went to the DJ and requested the song, "All About Us". After a couple of songs, before the DJ played the song, Logan went up on stage and announced that we had a performance for everyone! Everyone split off on the sides of the gym and opened up the entire dance floor! There were so many people it was crazy! So the dance started off with Logan and I doing a duet. I went up to him to take his hand and we went all out in our waltz (we youtubed some sweet cross step waltz moves). Then we split off and got the other 2 couples. I joined the girls Louisa and Kate while Logan joined Spencer and David. We then paired up again and did a synchronized waltz. Finally, we spit off to go and grab some people on the sides of the gym, we taught them to waltz, and then put them together. It was so much fun to get everyone involved! Everyone was shouting, "Awww" when Logan and I danced! I honestly felt so graceful and professional as I was dancing with him! We had people come up to us afterwards and tell us, "You can come back every month"! haha so then the guys escorted us to the car as we sprinted through the rain! We then went back and messed around with the green screen to develop some incredible pictures! This was definitely an unforgettable date!  

Messing around with the green screen!



Making our boutonnieres and corsages!

The doorstep scene!

Our whole group!




At the dance!

Provo Temple Open House

I had the wonderful opportunity to go to my FIRST temple open house! I got to walk through the Provo City Center Temple with my family and closest friends! I went to see the temple with Brooke, Valian, my mom, Zack, Carley, David, Taylor, and Logan! The entire temple is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It was originally the Salt Lake Tabernacle and after it was burned down, the temple was built. The temple has beautiful woodwork throughout the entire building and the temple looks like a fairy tale castle! I loved experiencing this with my friends and I am looking forward to the day when I can enter into the temple again!


Logan, Taylor, David, and me

My mom, Zack, Carley and me


Taylor and I decided to take this so we can reenact it on her wedding day!

The whole crew at the temple!

I LOVE going to the temple! I was able to go with Spencer, Kianna, and Alyse


Mall Scavenger Hunt Date

I got to go on a date with the one and only Mr. Moon!! One of my good friends Jonah Taylor is an INCREDIBLE music artist and he wrote this amazing song Mr. Moon! I asked him on this fun group mall scavenger hunt date and we HARVESTED! We found everything throughout the mall so fast and had a blast capturing all the moments! After the scavenger hunt, we got together, had tacos, looked at all of our pictures from the date, and then had brownie sundaes! I also got to hear about Jonah's story on how t took him 7 months to write one song and now he's written 11! He is so talented and I am so blessed to know him and his fun personality!!

Finding a funny birthday card...



Riding an escalator

Taking a selfie with a guy at a kiosk

Taking a pic with a Chick-Fil-A Napkin

Wearing scarves like shepherds....

Modeling in some sweet kicks ;)

THE FURRY COATS!

Rocking some sweet shades!



The whole crew in the car! Jonah, me, Ashley, Ryan, Spencer, and Taylor

Taylor and I were kicking it at Kung Fu Panda 3! 

 Can I just say that I have the greatest friends on the planet! I got my wisdom teeth out and Taylor came over to my house to take care of me! We watched Tangled, she made me eggs and food, and helped me put together a gift for Logan! She even brought me over ice cream!! Logan came and visited me later and brought me ice cream! February 22 was also his half birthday so I had a little fun putting together half a gift and half a card haha I got him some Captain Moroni socks and a gluten free birthday cake (m&ms). He LOVED it!



No comments:

Post a Comment