Words cannot express how much I flipping love my cross country team! This whole season was filled with friends, family, vomit, tears, screams, pain, cheers, and so much more! I have never felt so much apart of a team. I never had this feeling with any volleyball team. Even with 120 runners, I still felt apart of a family. Everyday, no matter how exhausting school was, going to cross country brightened everybody's day. I experienced many hill, sprint, tempo, and trail workouts and loved every tear shed, heart throb, pain, and embrace felt through every moment. I will never forget my cross country experience and I honestly cannot wait for the upcoming track and field seasons!
One of our meets at Layton park was IN THE RAIN and it was so much fun! All throughout the race we ran through pouring rain and through the mud where we were coated by the end! After our races, everyone huddled under blankets together in order to stay warm and dry.
 |
| Our established DXC gang symbol! These was before our wet race. |
 |
| Representing the team on the course! |
 |
| Ashley and I after a hard race. |
This was my last official cross country meet. Because was a senior, I got to give the team prayer before the race! (Where else would you be able to do that?) that race was hard but fun! It was at Nichols Park and we had to finish on a hard hill! We all decked out in paint in order to build up the spirit for such a fun meet!
 |
| Praying before the meet. |
 |
| Racing at the BYU meet. |
 |
| My XC family singing to me on my birthday. |
My favorite meet had to have been the State Meet! We had 7 girls and 7 boys compete and the rest of the 100 people on the team were split up into 2 teams and we booked it along the entire course so we could cheer on our runners the entire way! When we were discussing the game plan of the whole meet, I felt like we were preparing for war! I was one of the captains on the brown team it was so much fun! We all decked out our faces with paint and glitter and chanted the runner's names along the course. Our boys ended up WINNING STATE and our girls took SECOND PLACE! It was so incredible to be apart of such a tough, determined team!
 |
| First and Last Meet of the season! |
 |
| Congratulating the guys after their win! |
 |
| My Cross Country Team at States! |
Team Pictures
 |
| The Team! |
 |
| Senior Girls! |
 |
| The Seniors! |
No comments:
Post a Comment