Wednesday, November 25, 2015

All State Choir and Madrigals

The Madrigals performing at the Davis Spectacular singing, "The Spark of Creation".
For multiple weeks I practiced, memorized, and nailed six choral pieces. I was able to practice and sing in the All State choir with 650 other people around the state of Utah! While we practiced for multiple days, we finally were prepared to sing in the Salt Lake Tabernacle! We all went to Salt Lake City and practiced for the concert. Then my friends in Mads and I hung out in Salt Lake walking around the city, seeing the temple, and eating out at a pizza restaurant. My friend Porter that I previously met on a date was apart of the All State Choir from Herriman. I saw him throughout all of the rehearsals and performances. We ended up sitting near each other out of 650 people in the Tabernacle! I even ran into him at the Pizza Restaurant and in Salt Lake City. I told him, "We keep on running into each other. It must be fate. Just kidding" then he said, "Don't kid about that! It must be true!!" Finally all 650 of us sang in the Salt Lake Tabernacle and it sounded absolutely beautiful! The organ was so powerful and the sound resonated throughout the entire tabernacle. I felt honored to have been apart of this incredible experience!
Can't you see me? ;) This is most of the choir in the tabernacle.

The Davis High School Choir group at All State.

Porter and I running into each other....yet again.

The beautiful girls!




I LOVE this girl! Mary has been such an incredible friend to me! 

Madrigal concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment