Monday, February 9, 2015

PROMPOSAL!!

On Saturday (2/7) we had a DANCE! I was over this dance so I made sure we went ALL OUT! And it turned out to be probably the funnest dance ever! The whole dance was a MORP theme! Meaning, all the girls asked the guys throughout the entire dance. Not only was it a MORP theme, but it was also a time travel dance! We had 5 set eras for people to come dressed as. The themes were caveman, ancient Greece/Rome, wild west, 1920-1990, and the future. A ton of people dressed up in the era of 1920-1990. It was fun though to see people from the 20s, the 50s, the 40s (army outfits haha), the 80s, and even the 90s! Conner, Rylee, Evan, and I all dressed up as greaser bikers from the 50s so we had our own gang! It was so fun!! The gym was set up into sections. The center of the gym was ancient Rome/Greece with Christmas lights wrapped around columns. We had caveman drawings on the walls, a disco ball, bright lights and colorful beads hanging along the walls, and then clocks placed throughout the entire gym. We also had a photo booth with a variety of props from different eras. It turned out to be so fun! There was also a "time travel" dance where at the given signal, the guys had to "time travel" and dance with a different girls in a different era! Anyway, so that wasn't the only awesome part about the dance, the best part was AFTER the dance!! So here's where my promposal begins.....
So after the dance while I was cleaning up all the decorations, Conner was helping me out. I was about to take some things out to my car when Conner was saying that he and Evan wanted to show Rylee and I a new song they wrote and tell them what we think about it. I knew something was up because this was such a random time to do it but I went along with it. I met up with Rylee and we were led into the primary room. As we walked in, there were a piano, a guitar, and 2 chairs set up. As Rylee and I sat down, they started playing a song. And it wasn't just any song, it was a song they wrote from scratch with a piano piece and guitar piece to it! Throughout the song Conner and Evan would switch off. Conner sang about some memories he and I had together, then Evan would do the same to Rylee. Then in the chorus: Conner would say, "Natalie" and Evan would say, "Rylee" then they both sang, "Will you go to prom with me" and then proceed singing, "We're pleading on our knees" and then they turned around the chalkboard reading, "Prom?" IT WAS THE CUTEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! After the song, Rylee and I were absolutely speechless. We obviously said yes a thousand times. Anyway, after this absolutely adorable song (they filmed it too! More like they filmed our expressions as they sang. I didn't even notice!!) we all went out to Burger King and got smoothies. I put together a response to Conner. I'm planning on "Heart Attacking" him on Valentine's day! I wrote all of the memories and awesome things about him all over these hearts with "Y", "E", and "S"s throughout every message. I cannot believe how long I have been waiting for this moment! It's still a dream-no joke! I get to go to prom with one of my BEST FRIENDS! And I guess you could say my life-long crush.....  




Traveling to the '50s!

My response.....



2 comments: