Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fall Favorites

This Autumn has been absolutely beautiful, bright, and memorable! I have experienced a lot of my time with my volleyball team, my work at Hayward's, and spending time with the wonderful friends in my ward. This year in my Peterborough Ward I have a new seminary teacher, Brother Astin. I cannot express how wonderful and thankful I am to have him for seminary. Honestly it is because of him I strive to get up bright and early in the morning at 5am to go to seminary! He has such a strong faith in the church and really gets us involved and interactive! We watch videos, have scripture mastery games, and communicate with thoughtful questions. We once played a scripture mastery mad gab, and our MCs were Brother Astin, and our 2 ward missionaries: Elder Oaks and Elder Bartlet. I love my ward missionaries, they really relate to us and get involved with all the youth and ward.....they even attend seminary multiple times. Honestly I love my ward, my seminary, my friends, my work, this church, and everything! Autumn also has to be my favorite season with its smells, its activities, and its beautiful colors. I don't want it to end!!
We made hot cocoa mugs at mutual!




The young women and their mugs!

I got to celebrate Aimee Reindeu's sweet 16 surprise birthday party! It was super hero themed-she LOVES Captain America!

At one of my ward's linger longers we had a big arm wrestling match. I won this match....but didn't quite win at any others...
Happy birthday Zack!!

The Mastery Mad Gab!! Our MCs were a little unusual....


The MCs....Elder Oaks, Brother Astin, and Elder Bartlet
I'm the seminary secretary so I have a little fun keeping attendance....

We played another game in seminary called "Blessings and Trials". It was a jeopardy game and if we got the question right, we picked a blessing, and if we got one wrong, we chose a trial. In the end, we all ended up with trials chosen from the costume box.


Just scooping some ice cream.....

For conference this year, we decided to play a little game. For each conference talk we chose a word, and every time the word was spoken we picked a treat. There were countless times where in a previous talk, a word emphasized was absolutely unspoken in the following talk. It was very amusing but also got us involved in the messages and talks given.

Look at these trees! They're too gorgeous! (On my ride home from church)
 Every year my town of Milford has a big festival in our oval called the "Pumpkin Festival". There are hundreds of vendors and little booths selling jewelry, clothes, homemade fudge, bbq, MAPLE cotton candy, games, cupcakes, halloween activities/treats, and so much more! There are rides like a ferris wheel and giant slides, a haunted trail, the lighting of the pumpkin, a zombie walk, scarecrow making activities, and basically a weekend of spending time with friends and family. This year I got to hang out with my friends Morgan, Kayla, Michael, and Nick. We just walked around, snacked on some of the goodies provided, and just had a great time! I did a lot of window shopping....or should I say "booth" shopping....and had a great time in this Autumn community spirit!! I also enjoyed the annual cupcakes by Sister Barlow (from my ward), let's just say I had an apple spice cupcake with apple pie filling and a pumpkin chocolate chip cupcake...WHAT!!
Morgan, Sister Jackson, and I with our cake pops.


I had some great visitors carol at my door.

Chilling at 6 Flags.




Got to hang out in a cop car!
Tried to mix things up decoration pumpkins....let's just say I had some fun with Crayola Crayons, hair-dryers, and pumpkins :)



My pumpkin on display for the contest!
Had a little fun in We the People dressing up a mummy....

I went to the dance with my best friends Conner and Haven! I dressed up as pigs in a blanket... ;)
My favorite person ever: Alex Gold and I. I am a pig in a blanket while he is....well, a horse.


Recently I had the opportunity to see Meet the Mormons!! An amazing movie! I got to meet up with my friends Aubrey and Makenna! Afterwards we tried to go get frozen yogurt but IT WAS CLOSED! We showed up at 8:55.....and their entire shop was closed down with the hours posted on the door stating it closes at 9. We left a special message, "we are here and you are not. Now you are here and we are not." 
Chilling with my ward at a BBQ!
 On November 11, my friends Makenna North, Megan Schillemat, Conner Pearson, Annie Gold, Daniel Smith, Jared Thompson and I had a big group date where we went ICE SKATING, made ice cream sundaes with unique toppings, then played games! Topping ranged from, oatmeal, peanutbutter powder, pop-tarts, nilla wafers, and rootbeer hard shell topping. Ice skating was an adventure along with my struggle to actually get to the Conway Arena.....we raced each other, fell multiple times (or at least I did....), and just had a lot of fun!

Hanging out with such amazing missionaries!



 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
On my last day of work at Hayward's (HALLOWEEN) we dressed up as minions!! We got to dance on the side of the road and get people to come get ice cream! After we closed, we all got to "raid" and take a ton of toppings, vegetables (hehe), and ice cream home!! This was such a wonderful year with Hayward's! I absolutely LOVE my job and I can't wait to get back to work in February!




Saw the cutest movie with my friend Rylee!

 For one of our mutual activities, we all dressed up, sang, and rocked out in order to create a MUSIC VIDEO!! I had a lot of fun decking out and let's just say....I look like a totally different person....haha 



 On November 23, the Peterborough Ward had Young Woman in Excellence to promote and congradulate Personal Progress! The theme was Vote for Young Women in Excellence and each young woman had a "campaign" speech for each value. I was "vote for good works". Everyone dressed up in red, white, and blue, we all had voting stickers, it was all just a fun event to encourage personal progress!




My bishop and I
Elder Oaks and Elder Bartlett!!

No comments:

Post a Comment