Sunday, August 24, 2014

Varsity Volleyball 2014!

 I had the wonderful opportunity of being apart of the Varsity Volleyball team for Milford High School! During try-out/practice week, we became closer as a team by doing the Ice Bucket Challenge together, we had a pasta party before our tournament, we went to Panera as a team, and played together as a team. (More to come: I'm putting my entire season on this post)
After we dumped the ice water in support of the ALS fundraiser

My mom's and my team competing at the varsity tournament in Gilford. There were no wins or losses, this tournament was based on competing other teams in 40 minute games without the competition of points, etc. It was a lot of fun!
At our Dig Pink game for breast cancer. We all wore our pink jerseys and raised money for breast cancer!





Hanna and I



Amanda and I.... I LOVE HER


Won the quarter finals...NOW WE'RE OFF TO THE SEMI-FINAL GAME! 

Guess who's headed to the CHAMPIONSHIPS?!! WE WON OUR SEMI-FINAL GAME! Sadly, we lost the Championships but overall, we ended up 2nd! I think that's pretty dang good. The whole game was an incredible experience. After we warmed up, we marched in and had the announcer announce each member of the team and our fans arrived on the fan bus! We played Windham and the whole game we went back and forth. We lost the first game 25-22, the second game 26-24, and the last game 25-21. We were neck and neck and we gave our all and that's all that mattered! Also I was benching it ;) I'm so honored to be apart of this team of fighters and to experience and train these athletes for this moment. It was amazing to be apart of a team with this much devotion and determination. What an amazing season and what better way to end it than to make it to the Championships!!






2nd best Division 2 team in THE STATE!

My "bench buddies" and I ;)

Some great teammates and our 2nd place plaque

No comments:

Post a Comment