Sunday, August 10, 2014

Summer Lovin'

This summer has been full of friends, family, and a TON of FUN! This summer I was able to come closer with my family through having individual family day dates together! I was able to go to the movies with my mom on one day, then hang out with Carley the next. Carley and I went shopping for nail polish (preparing for our nail party), shop at the Merrimack Outlets, then finish off with some delicious ice cream at King Kone! I also was able to come a lot closer with my brother as we went out to eat breakfast together at the Red Arrow Diner. This summer I had a membership to Six Flags so there were many moments where I spent the day at the amusement park one day with my friend Sarah Kanter, and another day with my firends Makenna and Aubrey North, Daniel Tague, and their friends. I was able to take 1ST in my age group of 16 and under in the Goffstown Gallop 5 mile race. I finished 41:01 (7:54 mile pace) and finally got FIRST! I spent this race with my dad and was so happy to end the race with him cheering for me. I also got together with some friends to watch fireworks. I spent a lot of the summer working at Hayward's but experienced a lot of fun moments with my coworkers (ex:hairnet Friday). One of the greatest experiences I was able to go and do was YOUTH CONFERENCE!! It was one of the greatest I have ever been to! This summer has been unforgettable and I wish it would never end!
My mom and I seeing the Fault in Our Stars together! MOVIE DATE!

The Sky Screamer at 6 Flags!! (Lets just say it raises over 400 feet in the air and it is a SWING ride!) I loved being so high and looking all over the area to see such a beautiful view, high winds, without sitting in an airplane!


Sarah and I at 6 Flags! All day we rode Roller Coasters, went to the water park and rode this waterslide ride where you're placed in a compartment and the floor drops beneath you and you shoot down the waterslide! It is thrilling but terrifying at the same time! We had a ton of fun getting ice cream and riding all the rides together!

 We were able to visit my mom's friend's lake house and spend the day kayaking and swimming.



This is Hayward's: taking fabulous to a whole new level on Hairnet Friday!

My first ever homemade waffle cone (by that I mean first one ever to home make myself!)


My first full rainbow to ever witness! (At work)
My boss brought us some ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS HOMEMADE CHILI!! 

This is before I began my Goffstown Gallop race.....



Finishing my race!

My dad and I after the race!

FIRST PLACE!!!


Bizh and I just chilling.....

Zoe, Conner, whipped cream, and I




At the FIREWORKS for the 4th of July!



Hanging out with Claudia at her lake!

 Our Day Date together at Walmert, the Outlets, and King Kone!!


PEANUTBUTTER SOFT SERVE!!

My friends and I at 6 Flags! I had a great time with a larger group because we were able to battle each other with bumper boats and ride all the rides together! My friend Makenna and I luckily got the FRONT ROW of most of the thrilling Roller Coasters such as the Goliath and Bizarro. IT WAS INSANE I saw my life flash before my eyes. My face got a little wet at times.....with my tears!



Makenna and I at the Super Hero section of the Park

Makenna and I with Scooby-Doo and Scrappy Doo

Wet after the 5th time riding River Rapids!! 
Swimming with the Peterborough Young Women!!

I had to capture this moment.....my dog is literally so adorable.
Saying goodbye to my amazing friend Melanie!!

Some of my favorite girls!! Tracey, Annie, and Melanie

Got together for a surprise birthday party for Tracey!! Happy birthday and I'm going to miss you!!


 Youth Conference 2014

For this Youth Conference we camped at the Joseph Smith Memorial! The whole Youth Conference was based on building a firm foundation of faith. I know that through strengthening our testimonies now through reading the scriptures, praying, sharing the gospel, serving, and following the commandments, we will gain a firm foundation of faith that will help us throughout our lives. Imagine a house, if the house is built on sand with a weak structure, the house will collapse and fall apart in the future. However, if a house is built with a firm foundation and built upon a rock, that house can withstand any storm or challenge that comes its way. I know that we can create our foundations of faith NOW so that in the future, we can be like the house on a rock and withstand any temptation and challenge we face in the future because of the knowledge and assurety of the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and the faith we have gained in the past. Throughout the youth conference, we went on a foundations hike where we learned about Joseph Smith and his faith and dedication to restore the church. Because of his faith and the support of his family that raised him (during the time he was building his foundation) he was able to withstand the tar and feathers, the countless years in jail, the memories missed away from his family, all in order to restore the church and do serve the Lord. We watched a movie of Joseph Smith's life that absolutely touched me. He was willing to experience all trials and abuses and never gave up restoring the church. He has inspired me to realize that if he can go through these countless trials, then I can too. He has given me the strength to stand up for what I believe in and to have a desire to build a firm foundation so I can withstand any future trials and temptations. As a service project for youth conference, we built a rock wall that connected to a previous rock wall that stood during Joseph's time when he lived in Sharon Vermont. We built this rock wall and in order for this wall to last for years to come, we built this wall so that it had a firm foundation and can stand through storm after storm. If you visit the Joseph Smith memorial in Sharon, Vermont, you will see a rock wall on one of the paths and on the back of the wall is a plaque with my stake-the Nashua Stake, that built this wall in 2014 and our firm testimonies are buried beneath the wall by the plaque. I had the wonderful experience of being a  group leader for Youth Conference! Brayden Jarnagin and I were the group leaders and we led the devotionals and led our group throughout the conference. Our group was the black group and we called ourselves, "The Chosen". Throughout the Conference we went tubing down a river, went slip'n'sliding down a hill, swimming, had a dance, and just came a lot closer as a stake. Honestly I love my stake: The Nashua Stake, so much. I love having a close relationship with each and every member of the stake and just being able to come closer through every activity we have together! It was amazing to be where Joseph Smith was born along with having this experience with my friends! At the end of the Conference we had a testimony meeting and through the Spirit and the Holy Ghost, I suddenly felt a radiating love for my brother Zack during the testimony meeting. This is the first time I was able to experience a Conference with him and I bore my testimony how much I love this church, my stake, and how much I love my brother. Truly, I felt this strong love for him and ever since that conference, there have been fewer contention between us and I have come closer to my brother and I know that has happened through the spirit and through love. 

3 legged race with Makenna

Makenna and I with "Lucy Mac" at the Mac household foundation that still stands today since 1805 (Mac House=firm foundation)

The Nashua Stake at the Joseph Smith memorial monument!! All the flags represent each group's color

The Chosen! In my group I had Jared Thompson, Alyssa Petrie, Brandon Chim, Maggie Linzey, Mason Otte, Brayden Jarnagin, Kayla Rose Noble, Talbot Chipman, Makenna North, Josh Peters, and Sam Anke


Makenna and I swaggin

Makenna and I with our pet firefly named Ray!! (WE CAUGHT IT! WHAT!)

My lovely girls and I!!

We heart-attacked all of the girls tents!!

We raided Nick Mattinson's mom's cabin (our group leader) to help Nick surprise his mom for her birthday. She had no idea! It was a lot of fun!

The Peterborough Ward!


Building the wall!

Zack and I next to the plaque!

My friends Hyrum, Jared, Bekah, Daniel, Amelia, Megan, Makenna, Anna, Aubrey and I at breakfast.


We're twins....we lasted like this all morning

Tubing!!
Result of slip'n'sliding!



I love my friend Makenna! She is an absolute amazing friend!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment