Saturday, June 21, 2014

Brooke Memories and Farewells


So Brooke has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to serve in the Managua, Nicaragua mission speaking in the Spanish language! She was scheduled to leave May 14. When she came home from college, I knew I only had about 3 weeks with her. So during this time, she helped me with prom, she cheered for me at my first half marathon, she attended my patriarchal blessing, we got to work together at Hayward's, and we spent lots of time together! I skipped a day of school and we went to 6 flags together just the 2 of us! We spent the entire day riding rides together and spending these limited moments we have together. I also spent another day with her shopping and eating lunch with Carley. It was really sad to say goodbye to my best friend. We had a farewell for Brooke and a ton of people that have come to love Brooke were able to attend and feel of her spirit. I love Brooke so much and I can't wait to be able to see all of her adventures and miracle she will experience in the Mexico MTC and the Nicaragua mission. She has such a strong testimony and I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful sister like her! I put together a calendar for her as a gift hat each month contains a letter from someone who has come to love her in the past (family and friends) and I'm looking forward to he opening and receiving these letters to keep her motivated and uplifted throughout her mission. She will be ABSOLUTELEY FANTASTICO and luckily I know a little Spanish to understand some of her letters and emails. Te amo Hermana Olsen and I'll see you in 18 months!!!

Spending the day at 6 flags





Won a giant giraffe.....no big deal.



Mission Farewell


Eating lunch with Carley.

Working at Hayward's together!

 Brooke's Mission Farewell






Brooke and her friend Jarad

Brooke and her teacher Ms. Parker



Brooke and her best friend Kendra

Brooke and her "friend" Andy ;)

Brooke and Morgan

Farewell to Brooke at the airport. I love her so much!

Brooke going through the temple for the first time.

I love you so much Brooke!

No comments:

Post a Comment