
On Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31, I performed in the musical, "Peter Pan" presented by BYPC. I played the part as Curley the lost boy. During the show I met new people, became closer to my friends, and worked to fulfill my dream along with my friends. We have been practicing this show since the beginning of January and have worked hard. I've had three practices a week, some being 4 or 5 hours long! We learned dances, songs, and blockings. We've also had great bonding times together such as during tech week we separated into teams and competed in spirit week. We had days such as decade day, pajama day, ninja day, and a lot more! I've learned to become more focused and get into character. I've learned to think like the character and act like that character (such as in this case, a dirty lost boy...)! On the week of the show during one of the rehearsals, I had an incident where I broke my toe. My whole cast was there for me, calming me down, aiding me, and supporting me. They are a great group of loving, supporting friends. They're pretty much part of my family. So the rest of the week, I rested all that I could so I could perform that weekend. Once the weekend of the show came up, I had a black boot on my foot and I was ready to perform! Throughout the show I got to chase an ostrich, dance with Indians and Tiger Lily, be tricked by the pirates by being given a poison cake, I got to shoot Wendy with a bow and arrow, listen to stories from Wendy, get captured by pirates, fight the pirates, and of course in the end, get adopted into a loving family. Thanks to Heavenly Father answering prayers, I was able to perform, dance, and jump around on my broken toe without any pain. I would also like to thank my mom for being there for me and finding every way possible for me to get to rehearsals 30 minutes away there and 30 minutes back, finding all the care I can for my toe for my performance, getting me the dance shoes I needed, and supporting me. I would also like to thank all of my friends and family supported me and watched me perform. I had a great experience and it was great to know that I have a loving cast, and a loving family and friends there for me. I'm going to miss them but only for a temporary time because I will be doing next year's musical with them. This Peter Pan performance was a great experience I will never forget but now that it is over, it is not the end...because next year will be the start of a new adventure!

Meet Me and my Friends in the Cast of Peter Pan!
 |
| The Lost boys see a Wendy bird. |
|
| Wendy is taking the cake away from us because it is, "Too rich and damp for us". |


 |
| Wendy is telling us a story and as you can tell...I am enjoying it. |
 |
| All the Lost boys and Wendy are being captured by the pirates. |
 |
| We are lined up to walk the plank. |
 |
| Captain Hook is defeated. |
 |
| Curtain Call! |


No comments:
Post a Comment